• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slowing Down A Fuel Thief

zout

I remember back in 1979 fuel crisis where folks were pushing cars to the pumps - fuel theft got outrageous and the sale of fuel cap locking caps went through the roof.

Theives just took a body hammer - crawled underneath - punched a hole in the tank and filled their cans and walked away. Same with semi tractors - school bus's etc etc etc.

As far as any violence is concerned - shovel and shut up.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can the OP have these made for sale for the members here on SS...?

I would buy a few vinyl stickers, who is to say the thief can read anyway. There is always hope.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout,

I remeber those days well! I worked for Hess Oil at their tank farm in Baltimore. Auto repair shops all over town were flooded with cars and trucks needing holes patched or fuel tanks replaced. A real mess.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will get a price from the company. I have them in Black letters with a yellow background or black letters with a clear background. I can put them on the "Parts for Sale" in the classified.

Do people that own electric cars pay road tax? That is what I would ask the judge. I don't remember paying road tax in my electric bill!

I agree with Golden eagle its a viable arguement lol i can say i fixed a thief once he was stealing my diesel so i wanted to see who it was so i added a bunch of used oil and some additives to my diesel so as to make it smoke a little bit when someone used it well suffice to say i found out who was stealing it he never stole again :beer: Thiers certain things that only have a specific color :]

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm running a 60/40 mix in the M109.

I lost about 10 gallons from the tank somehow a week or two ago, and now there is a F350 down the street that seems to have had some type of motor malfunction. Coincidence?

wdbtchr

I've been running 100% WMO in my M51a2 for about 4 years now, I started using the right tank with diesel to blend the WMO when I first started. I haven't seen any signs of fuel loss, but I think I will go ahead and contaminate the right tank with about 50% WMO just in case.

I think the people around here are too lazy to steal my fuel because they would have to carry it on foot around 1/2 a mile to get to a road. Thanks to terrain, brush piles(filled with root balls from fallen trees), and the odd booby traps at the most likely access points even quads can't get in. It's good to be at the top of a hill with a clear field of fire.2cents

m816

Good fences make good neighbors and keep the thieves out by making them work harder. In my place once you get untangled from climbing the fence, You have to get past the dogs. I got three dogs. Two labs and one punter but the little mutt sure makes up for his lacl of size.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Put that on your metal fence along with a couple of critters that look dead