• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

smaller steering wheel

catskillpond

What I did was cut the back cushion off the back at the base where it bends in, then moved the shock mount upper stop mounted inside of seat back and up a couple of inches.Made a spacer to go under spring at the base. Fussed around with the steering column went toward the windshield 3 inches and up 2 inches. Once the back of the seat is cut out I was able to move the seat towards the rear 2 inches drilled new holes and mounted.
I use a patio seat cushion for a back rest helped quite a bit Im 6'2'' and just a tiny bit overweight [285]. plus arthritis this made a big difference. Also tuff getting boot on clutch pedal{ big dam feet] Cheated the shaft down a little over an inch but its better than before. My 3 cents!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this with some tech support.

Grant adaptor 4405 is a 36 spline 7/8 to 3 bolt steering wheel adapter. The 3 bolt type is a common steering wheel for universal and class 8 trucks ranging in 15 to 22in diameter

Adapter found here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks