• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

smaller steering wheel

catskillpond

What I did was cut the back cushion off the back at the base where it bends in, then moved the shock mount upper stop mounted inside of seat back and up a couple of inches.Made a spacer to go under spring at the base. Fussed around with the steering column went toward the windshield 3 inches and up 2 inches. Once the back of the seat is cut out I was able to move the seat towards the rear 2 inches drilled new holes and mounted.
I use a patio seat cushion for a back rest helped quite a bit Im 6'2'' and just a tiny bit overweight [285]. plus arthritis this made a big difference. Also tuff getting boot on clutch pedal{ big dam feet] Cheated the shaft down a little over an inch but its better than before. My 3 cents!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this with some tech support.

Grant adaptor 4405 is a 36 spline 7/8 to 3 bolt steering wheel adapter. The 3 bolt type is a common steering wheel for universal and class 8 trucks ranging in 15 to 22in diameter

Adapter found here