• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

hole

Hey all, it's early August and getting to be time to figure out dates for our fall desert trip. I seem to remember that there was another MV event in October but I dont know what date:oops: . So ladies and gentlemen, what dates work for you?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just got done with a southwest tour. Jake and I were just talkin' about this. I gotta get the calender out and see how things flow.

hole

Brother Will mentioned to me that the 1st & 3rd weekends worked for him. I'm open for either but the 3rd ( 16th-18th) sounds better to me. Does that work for the masses or ?

shannondeese

Just let me know when and where. I am in Cal-City and have a Deuce and maybe by then I'll have a few HMMWVS done. There is a lot of free range out here also. Plus red rocks canyon is a few minutes away.

I stopped at Red Rock Canyon on my way back from this trip last year. Nice place...Little out of the way but nice...Knowing more now, I probably would stop at pipeline since its a little closer and I dont really need formal campgrounds;-)
My road trip consisted of Santa Maria to Stoddard Valley. No long stops going to Stoddard but coming back we stopped at all the places you never do....29 mule team museum, air & space museum, Borax Mine, then an overnight in Redrock canyon.

I added a few Camp DirtBag III pics to the group as well.

I vote 3rd Week October!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

hole

Stoddard Wells ( Victorville) is the destination, miles & miles of trails + legal shooting, kick butt bar, In & out , all within 30 min.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Funny, I just broke out my Camp dirt bag shirt today and wore it. I have a Grand Canyon trip planned sometime in October, gotta check the dates with the wife. I am MV less right now but still might try to make it with my jeep.

deuceaid

Banned
Hello all, Does anyone have plans for early november? I am in Yucaipa (think San Bernardino) and was thinking of a trip toward camprice, or death valley, trona...something like that. I work at the pumpkin patch in Yucaipa, and october is almost out of the question for my friends and I.
:?:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole, i'm glad you posted the date because I was gonna do my usual..post the WRONG date! The weekend of the 16-18 is correct...geez, i'm glad I didn't do that again! We might need to finger out a different place to do a range clean up this time. I understand there are a few places north of 40 that are in need of debris removal.
I am checking on it. Will, did you get a 105 cover yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks