• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

Barneyszoo

Hey guys, sorry, But being a new-be to SS can someone give me a little back ground on what type of trip this will be. Like what type of gear I would need? I've done alot of camping in the Mojave and out at Red Cloude Mine but... Also has anyone been out to the Patton museum? that might be a cool day trip sometime. Thanks

RDUKW

I am also a new member and am interested in a little more info. Hopefully I will have my M35A2 by then, if not I might have to bring the DUKW.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thay would be sweet to have a DUKW there! We just usually pitch a tent and hang out for a day or two, some easy wheelin, desert clean up, BS, eat and suck up some beverages. It's just an excuse to use the trucks and hang with friensds.

RDUKW

Does anyone bring out firearms? The reason I ask is I have a commercial trap throwing set up. If people where interested I would bring it out.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean "clean up tools? There has been a few tools show up at these events. Like I posted earlier, I should have the maps of the places that are in need of "cleaning" today...haven't checked the mail yet. There should be a few members from the SCMVCC there as well as us from SS.

hole

Hey guys, sorry, But being a new-be to SS can someone give me a little back ground on what type of trip this will be. Like what type of gear I would need? I've done alot of camping in the Mojave and out at Red Cloude Mine but... Also has anyone been out to the Patton museum? that might be a cool day trip sometime. Thanks
October can be iffy out there. One year it was pretty nice, not too cold at night, the next year was cooold and windy. I've learned to bring something for both. Are you planning on tent camping or sleeping in the Deuce ?

hole

While I was smoking my cigar and checking the perimiter ( locking gates) I realized I just might have enough firewood for the bon-fire at our fall trip that NASA could pin-point our location this year:wink:

unimoger

This SUCKS! I just realized Calico Mogfest is the same weekend! I already have reservations and campspot paid for at this event. I will not be able to attend this time again.:cry:I may be able to stop by to and from MogFest for a visit though!:razz:

Cucvnut

Ha i stopped and looked at that phantom befor im not sure if ill have my cucv running or not in October but if i can swing this from the bay area i would love to attend

Cucvnut

My fs97 form was sent from GL they charged me for it. so will i get it in the mail or what ? I just need to get a drive shaft made and make sure i dont have death wobble and register it and insure it so we shall see