• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, the 16 thru 18 is good fer me. Early? Maybe. If we are still on work share, maybe I can arrange it. If not, it will be Friday afternoon for me. Jake should have his license by then. Maybe I'll get lazy and bring the trailer...wait, that would be more work...the tent will do nicely. Should we do shirts?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I might be able to make it with my family. The boy is having his 13th birthday celebration that weekend and we thought it would be kewl to bring him and a couple friends. Of course the wife will bring the GMC with the camper on the back, but the boys will be fine in the back of the deuce - after we get the quads out...........

Avn-Tech

Group,

Where will we be going?

Hopefully I will have my Deuce licensed and can convoy over with a friend (saw my Deuce and had to have one) and Shannon Deese.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

hole

Group,

Where will we be going?

Hopefully I will have my Deuce licensed and can convoy over with a friend (saw my Deuce and had to have one) and Shannon Deese.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech
Stoddard Wells, Bell Mountain Road exit on I 15. I seem to remember someone posted up gps info a year or two ago , I'll see if I can find it.

Yellowbronc- I couldnt figure out how to edit the thread title, if you know how please let me know.

Brother Will- Yes please on the shirts

hole

For those of you that have a GPS, here are the coordinates for the entrance to the camp spot. Turn left at the opening.
Lat. 34.648337
Lon. -117.126542

Holy crap, it worked :-D. For those that want to go early I'm planning on leaving the morning of the 15th

hole

Glad to hear it Devin ! Also glad to see that some of the newer SS members want to attend ! I personally cant wait for Oct..:jumpin:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news, I just got off the phone with the Barstow BLM office. This lady CAN send me some maps in the mail! Amazing that one person from the same place can't send things, but another can. Our tax dollars hard at work! :roll:
There are a couple of legal places that we can visit and do some "clean up" and not get into trouble..the area we were in last time has technically been off limits for our type of "clean up" since 2003 due to the cell/microwave tower installation and i'd feel horible if we went there again and someone took our "clean up tools" for being in the wrong place. It looks to be apx 15 miles north of Hodge, just north of the 40. We'd need to leave earlier in the day to do what we want to do, but we can hit In-N-Out on the way back...MMM Animal style double doubles :drool:
No flats this time...Floyd!

BLK HMMWV

clean up area

Will
Glad you got some new intel on the areas requiring clean-up.

I may bring up my HMMWV with the roof mounted tool rack.
I would like to maybe do a recon of the dirty area in advance to see what kind of tools will be required or allowed . LMK

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should have the maps on Wed. We can recon the area in a couple of weeks.