• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

TheBrassNuckles

where and when is this campout? i do not have any military vehicles but i am really looking to get into it. it would be cool to go out and see a few of them in use and get up close to them.
thanks

100dollarman

Congrats on selling it! If anyone can get 2 done by then it would be you! See ya in a couple weeks :-D

Thanks- we'll be there even if I dont have a bobbed (I have a couple of other MVs I can drive;-))

Hey YelloBronc- I MIGHT be heading to Pismo soon without the MV to camp for a day or two---- I'll let you know, and see if you can come out to have a soda!

Hundy....Im game...2 weekends ago I was out there for he Offroad magaizine thing. I did not realize it was published for anyone and everyone or I would have posted that one too.

I think you have talked to my buddy at Xtreme in the past, let me know when and we will::grd:

where and when is this campout? i do not have any military vehicles but i am really looking to get into it. it would be cool to go out and see a few of them in use and get up close to them.
thanks
Brass, Back a few threads notes the location GPS yada yada yada....Basically its near Barstow. in the desert...your about halfway there already from my perspective.

Weekend of Oct 16, 2009

BLK HMMWV

Fees

Fee's are strictly enforced.
There are no fee's so we will be enforcing the no fee , fee.
Now if you happen to bring a few extra coldies with you I'm sure that would be a universal sign of goodwill around the campfire. Also if you share your clean up tools then the standard fee of no fee will be waved for a flat rate fee of no fee .

Got it ?

BH

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'm ready - two known fuel leaks, an antifreeze smell and a leaky front axle. Should be able to get everything but the axle fixed before I roll.

Nathan and Matt-- I dont have a plan just yet, but I have a axle housing to pick-up at Poly Perf (SLO) soon and I was thinking instead of having it shipped I would go get it and hit the beach. I'll let you know...and we can put it together.
If its ready before dirtbag....Have Poly get it to Xtreme and I will bring it to you. But dont let that be a reason to ditch the beach trip..Dennis at Xtreme knows the guys at Poly well.

Ok...Gittin R Done:

Hitch...Little wiring left
Sound....Should be a much quieter ride now
Seat for Kid...Built Sunday...
HEATER...TBD...

Attachments

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up. WE NEED WOOD. Hole or myself usually bring wood for fires, but, there has been little construction goin' on around here, so I am low and hole has some, but not enough to do 3 or 4 days. NO PALLETS! The BLM has serious issues with them as do I due to the nails..GOD I hate flats! If all you have are pallets, please cut the nails outa them...just rip them at the 2 x 4 cross braces. ANYTHING you can bring will be used. I will cross post this in the final head count and t-shirt size posts. I CAN'T WAIT! :-D

hole

Speaking of firewood, I spoke with a nice lady at the local forestry office on friday about getting a permit to get firewood. She said as soon as the weather cools down in the coming weeks ( and the a-hole thats setting fires gets caught) that for $20 permit fee I could go up in the mountains and get up to 10 cords of firewood. She said theres many areas available to go and get wood, but the closest to my is Lytle Creek. I've been up there many times in my CJ-8, and the trail would easily support the Deuce. I'm going to go get a permit later this week. I realize that it doesnt help our current firewood deliema, but if anyone would like to join me next month or so , let me know. I'm thinking that 10 cords should get me through the bitter cold SoCal winter and leave me with plenty for a spring trip as well:roll:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bitter So Cal winter...rofl
I'll go with ya. That 35 degree stuff makes my bones ache! I saw there is a fire up there as of last night. How's it progressing?

I will thow in some large dry Oak branches we have yet to have a chance to split. That will keep some fires going once they are started...Not sure if I can load in as much as last year as it will be shoved around my bronco, motorcycles, etc on the car trailer. I will see how much I can stuff in the duece too....

hole

Thank you Nathan! Any firewood is helpful!! I talked to Floyd tonight, fire is 1/4 mile from his house. He was ordered to evacuate early this morning but he hung out until late this afternoon keeping an eye on everything. He was taking his Deuce and meeting up with his wife at a hotel in Rancho. He's in my prayers tonight.

offroadrunner

I've got a few logs left over from a tree I cut down last year that I'll bring. Trouble is: I probably won't get there 'til late Friday/early Saturday (returning home from a business trip Friday afternoon), so it probably won't be useful 'til Saturday-night's fire.