• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So i bought a Deuce

18operator

Thanks alot guys! Im glad everyone thinks that it "looks" like a good truck. I was nervous to spend the money on the truck as i can only make the purchase once.

Do you know the name of the truck/company? Would love to take a look at his conversion.
At the moment no. Always seen him driving, no name on the side either. I'll see if I can look him up.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck. You're going to turn it into a working food truck aye? I'm imagining cooking food while standing in the bed. Are you planning to lower the food in a bucket to the customers below:p?

mattchef10

Nice looking truck. You're going to turn it into a working food truck aye? I'm imagining cooking food while standing in the bed. Are you planning to lower the food in a bucket to the customers below:p?
Thanks guys! Still trying to finalize the design of the service window to be height friendly. Probably have my order taker outside the truck on ground zero an pass the food to them. Ill post the scematics once they are finished.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys! Still trying to finalize the design of the service window to be height friendly. Probably have my order taker outside the truck on ground zero an pass the food to them. Ill post the scematics once they are finished.

Have you considered a food vending set-up using an MKT-99 or other Mobile Kitchen Trailer???
They have ALL your cooking set-up in place, are lower to the ground, and also have fold-down serving walkways attached. (NON handicap ADA accessible, but your server could step down for that accommodation.)

They are often available on the common Goobermit Auction Sites.

mattchef10

Have you considered a food vending set-up using an MKT-99 or other Mobile Kitchen Trailer???
They have ALL your cooking set-up in place, are lower to the ground, and also have fold-down serving walkways attached. (NON handicap ADA accessible, but your server could step down for that accommodation.)

Actually i have!
I have seen a few variations with different equipment. I was also thinking of converting one of the military trailers and adding a hot side buffet line on one side and a cold on the other. I need deeper pockets!

rustystud

That's what I was thinking when I first read this ! You could modify the MKT to be easily moved about without having to open up it up like it usually is to serve food. Having a Deuce tow your MKT around town would be a real attention getter !

mattchef10

Ok big day tomorrow! Driving the deuce to get the smoker built/installed. I need to drive it for 50 miles. First "big" trip for me and the truck.

The build on the smoker should take about 3 weeks, then its time to science the @$%# out of some brisket, pork butts and ribs!

Another Ahab

Ok big day tomorrow! Driving the deuce to get the smoker built/installed. I need to drive it for 50 miles. First "big" trip for me and the truck.

The build on the smoker should take about 3 weeks, then its time to science the @$%# out of some brisket, pork butts and ribs!
Safe travels and good luck with the project. [thumbzup]

tobyS

I have a casting flask that I use for cooking in, mounted to a dually PU rear end clip. The flask is half a sphere, about 36" dia., 1 1/2" thick and weighs 1500#. I have a 1/2" steel ring under it (and fire-brick) for a wood (and or LP) fire. 50-100# of bacon bits...no problem. Seafood boil...yummy but $500 just to start. Canning... cooked 18 doz ears of corn in one batch. Popcorn and white chocolate-carmel...first batch tasted like seafood but we ate it all.

mattchef10

If any of you guys find the truck ill take care of you.

@tobys would love to see some pics?

Man the truck was fun to drive. I felt like it drove well but with that being said i feel like there is so much work to do aswell.

There was a little grease on the left front axel.
Looked like some moisture on the injector lines.
Fuel gauge not working.
Rear tailight needs replaced.
Cab needs to be sealed up better.
Possible 4 new tires.

Let the fun begin. But i get to cook and eat while fixing things. Free food to anyone who helps getting things fixed.

mattchef10

Mission drive truck home from Macclenny Fl to Homossasa Fl complete! 150 miles a little over 3 straight hours driving and i have no complaints. Truck drove great! I did have a little bounce at 40mph but that dissappeared at about 43mph and drove smooth at 50mph.

Any distinct reason for a slight bounce like that at that speed?

Smoker installed and looking amazing. I will be smoking some meats tomorrow! Very exciting!

Anyone in Homossasa/Lecanto area that works on the trucks or has some expertise that can give me some pointers would be greatly appreciatted! I will be working on the truck for the most part by myself or taken to a local shop when i get hung up or just cant complete a difficult task.

20161018_153602.jpg20161018_153522.jpg
20161018_153418.jpg20161018_153332.jpg20161018_153154.jpg20161018_153056.jpg20161018_153011.jpg20161018_152947.jpg20161018_152936.jpg

mattchef10

Thsnks! Correct. It is on the bottom left of the smoker and opens to the rear so you dont have to get on the truck every time you want to load wood/coals into the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks