• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So who has bumped the power on a 6CTA cummins

HETvet

Last edited:

lakeydna

The elbows are generally used for internal waste gates because the adjustment is not a easy as an external version. The rod is sometimes spot welded on. I meant no offence, i appreciate people trying to source out other ways of getting something done.

HETvet

See, I'm a noob at the mechanical cummins engines. I know the Boshe pumps and the CP3 and 4 pumps. But as far as air goes, I do think I can help out with that.

nevrenufhp

See, I'm a noob at the mechanical cummins engines. I know the Boshe pumps and the CP3 and 4 pumps. But as far as air goes, I do think I can help out with that.
I just give you a hard time, because you are an 88M. No offense, it was put in my head back in AIT that 63B's have to pick on the 88M's.
On a serious note, I really like that BAE turbo upgrade to the HX45. Even the older trucks can have fun with the H2E's turbo.

HETvet

It's not a problem. I originally was going to come in as a 63, but in MEPS it was found out I was color blinded. And it didn't matter that I was an ASE tech., Nissan PRO-CAP certified, or had a Degree in automotive service technologies. There are some of my fellow operators that I cant stand.

I think the HX45 would be a great turbo for these trucks. I just think It would need the largest compressor and turbine available to move enough air to keep WOT smoke down to a light haze. .70 turbine A/R should make for a nice responsive turbo.

walkerhunter

I am a certified bosh tech I am positive of the make and model. The best place to start adjusting is the anaroid, set the start position further in and decrease the spring tension which is the rate at which the no air comes in.

nevrenufhp

If it's an MDF pump, where does it say that on the ID tag? All I ever see on them is MW. Not doubting you, just making sure I'm really reading what I'm reading.

HETvet

From another forum.

"I have one on a pulling tractor right now... There are two hole plugs on top rear of pump they are removed with a 3/8*allenwrench*open first and move engine stop around until you see screw with lock not (carefully remove the screw and lock nut)... Next, open access hole all the way to rear... You will see star gear turn it to the passenger side of the vehicle all the way foward... Then, remove big side cover 22mm wrench.. Turn*flywheel*over until U see a*spring*with*retainer. Turn retainer clockwise 4 clicks... There are two springs... Get the other one by turning engine over 180 degrees then other spring will come around into window do the same thing to this one!*

You will like it but may need bigger charger because It's gonna fuel it pretty heavy for street... But you will like it!"

Enjoy.

2old2humps

If i do the adjustment on the back of the pump with the sockets, should i leave the front screw turned out the 7 turns i have already done, or return it to original stock setting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks