• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern California - March Air Reserve Base 2012 Air Show

Deuceaid -thanks for the welcome. Everyone here is great, hope to meet some of you in person.
been to miramar many times before, more when I was younger tho.
Haven't been to hemet one yet aua in-laws live there .they never said anything about it.
I have to get over there, and other meets! .

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things are looking up. I may actually get the time off from work. I WILL NOT BE WALKING TO ANY HOTELS. NO WAY NO HOW.:roll:

TheRecorder

Deuceaid -thanks for the welcome. Everyone here is great, hope to meet some of you in person.
been to miramar many times before, more when I was younger tho.
Haven't been to hemet one yet aua in-laws live there .they never said anything about it.
I have to get over there, and other meets! .

DSS,
Is this your MV in your avatar? Deuce? Would you want to trek over Ortega Hwy to Elsinore? I'm just on the other side. We could start the west end convoy.

DSS,
Is this your MV in your avatar? Deuce? Would you want to trek over Ortega Hwy to Elsinore? I'm just on the other side. We could start the west end convoy.
The recorder :
Not my deuce, I don't have mv's here local, no deuce.:-?
Had one some time ago, need to get one soon. Im looking for one now.
Hundy is out of deuce's.
Would love to do a convoy:driver: ,well once I get one. Unless civi-vehicle.(not as fun)aua

Last edited:

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not nearly as bad as I did.:D It all worked out. I was reminded how out of shape I am all the way to and from the hotel, but I did get a good cardio workout.

deuceaid

Banned
Jim I was just watching You vids showing the knuckles in high speed moving back and forth/up down................ Could You mount a camera under your deuce so we can see the drive shaft and tires spin ?? I was also thinking of watching it articulate threw dips in the street, etc....then maybe some sped up stuff too.... ( If there is another convoy video).

By the way last week I was changing the channel on tv and ran across " Hamburger Hill" it was right at the point where the music cued up in the convoy video, I had to laugh, cause I heard it and thought " Convoy!!!!!!":D

sbkarmen

I just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago, been looking for a while for a MV and just picked one up. I think I'm definitely down to going to March AFB. I live in Victorville, but my shop is in Rancho Cucamonga, been driving my 5 ton around town and get nothing but thumbs up everywhere I take it! hahahahaha I'm lovin it!

Gottlos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome SBKarmen. You must look up Camp Dirtbag. I'm still kicking myself for only going out there for the day.

Hey Recorder got any updates. I'm trying to get my bossola to send me to some training the week before the airshow, so I need to know what is going on.

TheRecorder

Welcome SBKarmen. You must look up Camp Dirtbag. I'm still kicking myself for only going out there for the day.

Hey Recorder got any updates. I'm trying to get my bossola to send me to some training the week before the airshow, so I need to know what is going on.
I am waiting on a response myself, first part of this upcoming week. As soon as I know more, I will post it.

Here is the Airshows website in case anyone has not located it.
http://www.marchfieldairfest.com/

Last edited:

TheRecorder

Here is the response I received today that was a while in coming, I'm sure they have many other duties. I will post the correspondence.

"I got your message about participating in our airshow for 2012. We are shrinking down the size of our ramp this year but I would still like to consider having you here. Can you tell me how much space you would take? How many people are involved? Do you have any pictures?

Also, are you associated with John Bodnar who has been to our show with a similar display in the past? "

Maj Ormiston
------------------------------------------------
Good Evening Sir,

Here are some photos from Chino, Hemet and Miramar air shows.
I have not associated with John Bodner. I do not know him, yet.

The space needed could be minimal. We can line-up side by side as seen in some of these photos, in order to reduce space as needed. If and when more details are required from me, I would canvas the MV owners in our group for attendance and types of vehicles to commit to the show and foward that to you ASAP.

Thank you for your response...It means alot to us.

-----------------------------------------------
Jim,

"I do have a spot for you and I think you will be sharing a big grassy area
with some other vintage vehicles. Plan on arriving Sat morning and we will
set up base access as the show nears.

More info to follow.

Thanks."

Maj Ormiston

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Thanks for keeping us in the loop,

I know we dont have the same accommodations in east riverside, (mo val) - (Moreno Valley--- SunnyMead for old timers) ,,,not as many hotels etc out there as in miramar. I am guessing the over night camp in the back of the deuce is out of the question -considering this is an active military reserve base.... unlike chino, and its a 2 day event unlike hemet....

All that being said I just want othesr to have a general idea of what to expect,,,,, or could we set up a remote camp ( off base) around lake perris or some other location...?

I would hate to see Gotlos walking 10 miles to a mediocre hotel,,,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks