• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Resto of M1009

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all thought you may like to see the latest restoration of a 51K mile M1009 that’s just about finished and almost ready for sale.

It’s been gone over just about everywhere. Everything that needed replaced was, tires, windshield, interior, GP’s & relay, starter mod, new starter, new paint with new rockers, ect. David :driver:

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the truck that you replaced the rocker panels with the epoxy?

Great looking truck. :beer:

Wagner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your CUCV looks very good. I have some questions re work my unit needs:

1. What type of paint did you use for the green base color? Did you do the paint work your self?

2. Did you replace or paint the interior door panels? If paint what did you use?

3. What material did you use on the floor?

4. Do you have any pics on how you used the panel adhesive to repair the rockers?

Thank you.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your CUCV looks very good. I have some questions re work my unit needs:

1. What type of paint did you use for the green base color? Did you do the paint work your self?

Rapco paint 383 CARC substitute, and yes I did all bodywork and paint.

2. Did you replace or paint the interior door panels? If paint what did you use?

Re-dyed them with vinyl dye

3. What material did you use on the floor?

Herculiner

4. Do you have any pics on how you used the panel adhesive to repair the rockers?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/paint-bodywork/72537-cucv-rocker-panel-no-welding-install.html

Thank you.
If you do a search on my past posts you will see answers to these questions.[thumbzup]

David

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I always look forward to seeing you put up a new thread. Your CUCV's are so gorgeous it almost makes me want one!

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many cans of Herculiner did you go through to complete the floor?

I've seen in LMC that a replacement rubber floor is available for the mid 80's K5 Blazers. From what I've seen they don't install cleanly. Any experience with the rubber mat for the earlier generation of K5's? Was there that much change in the floor between the two generations?