• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Squibbly's M1009 and other Questionable Projects

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wow. Hillbilly surprise from my wife today.

I have been busy with work and not doing much on the truck, besides weld in the new rocker and give it some temp paint to keep it from rusting.

Just need to put some new tires on and she’s pretty much road ready. The rest is door and window seals and minor cosmetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it.....I bought one of those this year and it is so nice to have it back to turning the key instead of pushing a button. Nice work!

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have been busy with work and not doing much on the truck, besides weld in the new rocker and give it some temp paint to keep it from rusting.

Just need to put some new tires on and she’s pretty much road ready. The rest is door and window seals and minor cosmetics.

Nice job on those rockers. I can't tell where the repair is.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Nice!

A wife that listens to what you say when you are telling her about your truck repairs... Hard to ask for more than that - and then she buys you truck parts too!! Better hang onto her for sure :)

ssdvc

Nice!

A wife that listens to what you say when you are telling her about your truck repairs... Hard to ask for more than that - and then she buys you truck parts too!! Better hang onto her for sure :)
No lie there !!! If my 1009 disappeared into the vacuum of space, my wife wouldn't be happier. She really dislikes my truck AND the fact that it is parked outside for all the world to see. She will even ride in it, let alone buy me parts for it. Hell, if I buy parts for it I have to listen to her for at least an hour.

Squibbly, buy that woman a spa day !!!

Squibbly

Fishing in the Florida Everglades this week. Caught over 6k fish. Kept, and cleaned over 1700. Oscars, Mayans, Talapia. All on cane poles and crickets.

Over 400 lbs of fish gathered. 14 people using 5 boats.

A lot of work but a great time with friends.

Squibbly

I went and got some 5/16 X 18 X 1, and 5/16 X 18 x 2.5 Hex Head bolts to finally bolt my camper top down.
It's amazing how much banging went away while driving.

Now the problem is I can hear all the seats squeaking, and doors rattling, and screws rolling around. So I probably need to fix that and just take the bolts back out of the cap.

Last edited:

Squibbly

Well in an effort to finally get around to dialing in my shift points, I drove the truck after making a slight adjustment then noticed diesel fuel on the driveway. I looked around and there it was pissing out of my fuel filter base.

I tried a new filter and no go, so pulled that one out to figure out what is wrong with it and put in a spin-on for the time being.

This required making a bracket out of a piece of square tubing I was glad I didn’t chuck, buying some longer bolts, and a few barbs to get the plumbing working. Once it was installed and bled the truck fired right up like nothing.

Tomorrow I’ll finish adjusting the shift points and try to figure out where the failure in the original base is.

jplace1011

Well in an effort to finally get around to dialing in my shift points, I drove the truck after making a slight adjustment then noticed diesel fuel on the driveway. I looked around and there it was pissing out of my fuel filter base.

I tried a new filter and no go, so pulled that one out to figure out what is wrong with it and put in a spin-on for the time being.

This required making a bracket out of a piece of square tubing I was glad I didn’t chuck, buying some longer bolts, and a few barbs to get the plumbing working. Once it was installed and bled the truck fired right up like nothing.

Tomorrow I’ll finish adjusting the shift points and try to figure out where the failure in the original base is.

@Squibbly you are so handy!!

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Good job, I started having trouble with mine and at the time I could not fine parts or a new one, It just made sense to me to convert it to a spin on. I do live in Southern Ca. so I didn't miss the heater. Apparently from posts I have read these vehicles will start in extreme cold without the aid of a fuel heater. You have one with a primer bulb so if you decide to keep it you should be golden. Have you checked where your pump timing mark lines up with the block, most of them seem to either line up or slightly forward of the lines.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks