• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

ABN173

We just came from Brad's today, he does not have the parts Scott needs.

Scott, Try Angus aka Joe he has some things and getting out of the hobby. Mike has his number.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Pretty straight forward install. I take it you haven't touched your other bearings or wheel cylinders yet? Probably would be a good idea to FINALLY get in there and do that;-)

Last edited:

Amer-team

The 5 ton is good to go. Put a new stainless line on from the aircompressor to the tank, but I think there is still something leaking as it leaks off in a couple of hours. Put on one steel windshield wiper motor and it works, very cool. Especially when it is raining.

Amer-team

Sorry Coug, wasn't paying enought attention, thought that was to me. Yeah Scott, check out those wheel cylinders while you are in there. Althought mine were new, less than 200 miles, they had changed to DOT 3, drew moisture and they were all rusty. Ended up putting new ones in.

wsucougarx

Outstanding Peter! Do you hear the air leak when the truck is off? I spent an hour last week chasing down loose fittings. I think I got them all. My truck is still holding 90 PSI after 4 days of not starting her.

srodocker

Yea its pretty straight forward. I have the tracking # and it should be sent out tonight sometime waiting for it to update. its from eriks so it will be quick. Maybe friday I will have dale and mike ocme over and maybe dwayne and knock out the bearings on all the hubs!

sooooo yea!

Amer-team

Have been too busy at work to play with it much, but last weekend after shutting down, I would hear an air leak for a little bit and then it would shut off. Have not gone to the TM's yet to see if there is some kind of pressure releif valve. Once it kicked off, I still had plenty of air pressure. Will get the soapy bottle out again and start looking. have some house projects that need to get done and M day on Sunday, so probably won't get much done this weekend. Next weekend AFD.

Amer-team

Scott, glad to hear you have a team up and ready for Friday. Will be stuck in Portland for most of that day and hoping to get back up to the fort to set a couple of tents up for Saturdays display, so I don't have to do it Saturday morn. did you get your pass?

jets1959

The 5 ton is good to go. Put a new stainless line on from the aircompressor to the tank, but I think there is still something leaking as it leaks off in a couple of hours. Put on one steel windshield wiper motor and it works, very cool. Especially when it is raining.
Very cool!!! It is always a plus when the wipers work in the rain!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks