• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

hahaha mike. projects on which deuce!!!!

added side ally lights. 100w 24v bulbs. need to order more as I used my last 2 i had bought awhile ago. same lights as my backups and i plan on hooking them up to the same toggle as the backup lights
side ally lights.jpgside ally lights2.jpg

also for the bed of my truck trying to figure out where to mount 1 more fuel can. and then mounting a taller ammo can that holds all my straps. I may be able to fit it in the toolbox. havent tested it.

got a 3/4in impact gun from dan! the nsn says its a kit for the m1a1.

was going to work on the chock holder but decided the garage needed cleaned more then that hahah.

jets1959

added side ally lights. 100w 24v bulbs. need to order more as I used my last 2 i had bought awhile ago. same lights as my backups and i plan on hooking them up to the same toggle as the backup lights
View attachment 422328View attachment 422329

also for the bed of my truck trying to figure out where to mount 1 more fuel can. and then mounting a taller ammo can that holds all my straps. I may be able to fit it in the toolbox. havent tested it.

was going to work on the chock holder but decided the garage needed cleaned more then that hahah.
Looking good Scott! It is what your truck needs is more lights! LOL

hannibal's barca

View attachment 422328View attachment 422329

The rim/tire combo? Are those modded original deuce wheels? Any rub on turns?

The holes along the bottom rail, indicate that this truck once served some sort of portable mess hall function?

Sweet ride - double bump!:D

jets1959

where can I get one?
The metal plate is the standard behind the pintle hook two inch square trailer hitch! The plans are here on steel soldiers. The drop down hitch adapter was a find at the four wheel drive swap meet at the fair grounds! Shouldn't be to hard to find on line!

srodocker

It used to be a kitchen truck with a pipe walkway on the side to get the food out of the back from what i've been told by some vets.

the hitch kit is from TM america! I also have his front hitch kit as well but its not welded up yet.

those are 395's on standard deuce rims with a tube inside a 1200 x 9 tube.

hannibal's barca

those are 395's on standard deuce rims with a tube inside a 1200 x 9 tube.
Right on - the 395s are just about the beefiest looking tires I have seen that seem to fit on the unmodified deuce wheels.

Do you get any rubbing with sharp turning of the front wheels?

How about any rubbing with aggressive articulation of the rear axles?

Do the A3 wheels fit on the A2 trucks, and are the rims wider or have a different offset?

srodocker

Defiantly get rubbing on tight turns on the fronts.

Ive never rubbed in the back and i've articulated pretty good in the back.

and the a3 rims do fit on the a2s as they are both 6 bolt patterns and are the same axle. the rims are wider. not sure on offset though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks