• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

dc3coyote

I am in Holiday just north of Tarpon Springs, I am planning on leaving either late Wed night or EARLY Thurs morning. I have alot to do wed. I will be home tonight at around 2000. I have to go to Clearwater tomorrow and get my Pinz ready, and empty my Duece.

dc3coyote

19 Will be the easiest way for us since it goes straight there. then all we do is go right on sr50. and thake that all the way to the rally. From us 19 we only have three turns.

dc3coyote

GAHHHH!!!!!
My spare driver backed out last minute. He told me he was not going a few minutes ago. I need someone who can drive my Pinz up there so I can haul my Duece. If someone can help me out I would appreciate it. I am still paying for the fuel on both so thats not a concern. Drop me a PM if you can help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Branan

Russ

My Pinz is back on the road. Starter fixed. I thought I had a stuck needle valve but it unstuck and no more flooding. Now I can concentrate on the clay launchers and tuning them tomorrow for the shoot.

Bubba, I'm going over Fri. around Noon. There are a few others in this area leaving Thursday.

Last edited:

tjcouch

Bubba, if you decide to go later, Elizabeth and I, with Gecko and Jen following in his XJ will be departing from my place early afternoon, Friday.

DC3: Gecko (my best bud, and VP of the Suncoast Flatlanders) would probably be happy to drive your truck, if you want to get it to my home in N. Tampa, Florida and Bearss Aves, plenty of fenced-in parking.

bubba_got_you

I am in Holiday just north of Tarpon Springs, I am planning on leaving either late Wed night or EARLY Thurs morning. I have alot to do wed. I will be home tonight at around 2000. I have to go to Clearwater tomorrow and get my Pinz ready, and empty my Duece.
Hey ill give ya a call later tomorrow but I think I will fallow you. the soonest I can leave is early Thursday morning im about 40 minutes from you (south) so we will need a meeting point and time. also my top speed is 55/60 mph so if you want to speed i cant lol

Last edited:

pinztrek

Hello all,

We're headed South Friday AM with 2 pinzes, and two hafflingers Friday AM. Anyone else headed South along I-75?

Have fun,

Alan

dc3coyote

Just landed a few hours ago, I think I set a record time clearing customs. That was even for me a nice one. I got my liftgate duece at home and putting the canvas on back. Tomorrow I will head to Clearwater to put the new rub rails on, and take the amb box off. Then I will be ready to hit the trails, maybe depending on time I might take the Rickloam trails going through there.

Bubba I am driving my Duece and Pinz my top speed is 50 mph ish.
Getting ready
Branan
727 967 8142

TaylorTradingCo

You wouldn't happen to have any extra drivers would you? I have a guy down there wanting to buy a Deuce and some axles from me, but I am fully loaded.

I live 1 1/2 hours north of Atlanta and will be heading down I-75, but I plan to leave Thursday afternoon.

Derek Taylor
706-935-8665

MouseGirl

I have good news! I finished the T-shirts last night at 1AM. They are boxed and ready to be had by all!

I hope to see you all there!

Please be SAFE when your driving to and from the rally and have a great day!
Dont let the crazy florida old people get you down.

vinny-socom1

OK I'm packed and ready to go!! Heading down with my 5ton pulling a M332 trailer. I plan on leaving tomorrow around 11:30-noon anybody going down I-75 then? I guess I'll see everyone there!!!

Vinny
352-258-1393cell

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody familiar with the Rally site? Can you get a full-size tractor trailer in there and park? Want to use my sleeper Saturday night without having to worry about low tree limbs, tight corners, etc.

Russ

Branan, that fire in Holiday didn't get near you did it? I'm thinking that our monster bond fire might need a tanker truck nearby this year. It's pretty dry right now.

The front moving through tomorrow may bring some rain to help with the fire risk a bit. I don't think it will fill up any mud holes.

I think there are ways to get a tractor in there without hitting trees. If not there is parking for all the trailers that you could easily walk to at bedtime.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PC, I think you will get in just fine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, It's Thursday and I'm still home. I won't be making the Fl rally this year(I know I will be missing a great time). Hope the weather is good and all have safe travel. Kenny, will you give Noah and Christian a handshake and hug, for me? I can still see and taste, Cliff's cooking, man it was good(he looked good in that apron too, kinda like Julia Childs on steroids). Mike, I hope you have a great turnout. Have fun Guys!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries guys, I'm stuck at home tonight too! One catastrophe after another. Forgot how difficult deuce travel is with a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old. We hope to be on the road before the first sun so be there by 10am.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks