• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally media thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang, I'll post some more pics when I get home. If anyone needs these in a larger pic I can always email them.

stalker

Hey Elizabeth,
I checked out the up-coming Flat Lander event and it looks like fun. My wife was interested in seeing it in person, so we both may see you out there.

alphadeltaromeo

my brother christian recorded a lot of videos from the weekend and i'm still waiting on him to give them to me. once i have them i'll sift through for content to post. unfortunately my camera was on the long list of things i forgot to pack. someone remind me to bring my camera next year please..haha
ArmymanJunior...get with it! *grin* :twisted: *waits....la la la...dum dee dum...*

nopics

NotDixie

Hey Elizabeth,
I checked out the up-coming Flat Lander event and it looks like fun. My wife was interested in seeing it in person, so we both may see you out there.
Sounds great...we'll be there...with a bunch of other 4x4s from around the state we'll get to meet.

www.teamgreen31.com for anyone else who has a 4x4 near Tampa...or who likes trekking for new adventures.

stalker

check out her link to teamgreen. It's a bit out of our catagory, but it is close by, a fund raiser, and a nice chance to meet like minded people.:razz:

pinztrek

New to posting video on Steel Soldiers, but heres a Duece in the mud:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG5P7vRAnKM[/media]
Have fun,

Alan

pinztrek

And a hafflinger tackles the mud:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vSwCCiDXg[/media]

Some EFI pinz action:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ltg0yMrHM[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4RjpmMK5M[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTqp_ygyc0o[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1WSm9U88Zg[/media]

devilman96

Guys thank you to everyone that attended this year… It was a great time!

I need to apologize for being so busy, I think by late Friday night I changed my name to “fred” as I was totally overwhelmed by everything going on! One more “Mike” shouted from 100 yards away and I would have tied myself to the back of the firing range!!!

As many of you noticed Cliff was absent from the grill this year due to being called away for training… When you’re a LEO you can’t always pick and choose your battles, nor can you dictate what is going to take you by surprise. I need to thank both Wayne and Walter along with many others for stepping up to the plate and making things happen trying to get everyone fed over the weekend… It was rough but many people did their part to fill in… thank you to you all…

Thank you again to my old man and family for letting us trash the place! lol With everything going on over the weekend there were still deer spotted on the property Saturday AM… Thankfully it was not in the middle of camp as I fear… scratch that… I KNOW a fire fight would have erupted!!!

Wayne V, Chuck, Kenny and others… thank you for running, doing, pointing and asking… Marie and Catherine for taking care of the tee’s and keeping the boys honest. Brittany for making the tee’s… etc… etc.. etc..

As with every past year we learn new things and see where changes need to be made. 2009 was no different and we had some growing pains which we didn’t see in the first 2 years. Which will again bring more changes for future rallies, one of the biggest I believe will be a cap limit on attendance for the future.

Another will be volunteers for pre, during and post rally activates. To anyone that wants to come out Wayne V has scheduled a cleanup day March 7th at 9 am… I will be there most of the weekend so if you didn’t get enough of being in the woods, please come help out!

I am also desperately seeking a cargo container, tractor trailer and or other storage container for the site… I would like to get something there in the next 2 weeks but finances will probably dictate otherwise. One of my biggest issues thus far still proves to be logistics and quite simply I can’t keep pushing off ODI and my personal life for weeks at a time… Not having to move everything to and from would fix a lot of that.

Boss Doug

Hay everybody I just wanted to say thank you for a grate weekend. But most of all, I want to thank Mike, his father and family for being grate host. I know how much HARD work goes in to putting something like this together. The food was grate; the cook busted his but and it shoed. Thank you Brent for the fun night mud runs (That sounds weird), I think I pulled a mussel trying to stay on the back of the truck. Hay Vinny thanks for the air and the power to charge the battery, over and over again. By the way, thank you for all the photos and video, I get to relive all the fun over again. Mike if your going to put a cap on how many people can attend, can I get my tickets now? :-D

bubba_got_you

Hay everybody I just wanted to say thank you for a grate weekend. But most of all, I want to thank Mike, his father and family for being grate host. I know how much HARD work goes in to putting something like this together. The food was grate; the cook busted his but and it shoed. Thank you Brent for the fun night mud runs (That sounds weird), I think I pulled a mussel trying to stay on the back of the truck. Hay Vinny thanks for the air and the power to charge the battery, over and over again. By the way, thank you for all the photos and video, I get to relive all the fun over again. Mike if your going to put a cap on how many people can attend, can I get my tickets now? :-D
what he said:!:

MouseGirl

Hey Mike,

Thanks so much for letting me do the shirts for you this year, and hopefully for many many years to come. As long as Coyote and I are exempt from the cap. :p Just kidding.

I know Coyote is gonna make a big effort to be out there for you all in march. He just got the pinz break drums and shoes to the mech and is having them cleaned and fixed so he actually has stopping power now. >.< I can not make it though and for that I apologise. My store just cant take another weekend of other people running it.

Thank you for the fun! Thank you family for me too!

:-DMouseGirl:-D

tjcouch

Doh! It just occurred to me that I forgot to buy some shirts! Will there be some left overs to pick through and buy on the clean-up weekend?

tomc700ap

Great Rally

Just want to say thanks to Mike and all of the Steel Soldiers gang for the great weekend. I speak for myself (Tom with the Haflinger) and I am sure for Allen (710M) Herbert (6X6 Hafy and Green Pickle) Jason all from North Georgia and Jeff from the Keys. It was well worth our trips! We met a fine group of people, Had some good food and a lot of great fun. Sorry to hear about the possible cap on attendence though. I hope that we didn't make the cup run over. If so, next time we'll leave Jason home! LOL
Tom Childers

stalker

So how many times did you guys get the m37 stuck:?: I have video of Trevor going through the water pit on Friday, and it looks like he was learning to let the gearing do the work. The m37s don't have the ability to thrill the crowd with rooster tails and roaring engines, but they usually walk through the deepest of mud holes with quiet confidence to the amazement of on-lookers.

stalker

Hey Tom,
I speak for myself (Tim with the nowhere-to-be-found m43), my wife (my better looking half ;-)), and my two boys (the two blonde ones that kept showing back up even after Wayne V promised to ditch them on a Pinz ride :twisted:) when I say it was a pleasure to meet you and your group, and the bit about leaving Jason was just plane funny:!:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks