• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers Florida Get Together - June 4th-6th!

phil2968

televisionman007 , check out posts 213 and 214 in this thread, those guys are near you. Drive your deuce, you will have a great time and if you break down there is plenty of help available!

I drove mine 1000 miles round trip last year to the Ga rally! It was my first long trip in my M109 and I had to do it all by myself; no convoy! I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I made it with no problems and had a blast driving it for 9 hours each way!

vinny-socom1

Vinny, if the deposit has not been met yet let me know and I will donate some more to help offset the cost.

Ruppster
If everyone that posted they where coming would purchase a ticket we would have more than enough for the camp site plus a dinner or two. I guess alot of people are waiting to pay when they arrive? I think the last head count on prepays is 21 tickets.

Vinny

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, I did pay for one day since I can only come up for the afternoon on Saturday. If the $10 wasn't enough let me know.

On another note I will be driving up in my wife's van Saturday morning. If anyone from the area wants to catch a ride with me there is plenty of room in the van. Just send me a PM.

Ruppster

Im still on the fence whether I can come or not. Id like to come, but im not sure how well my 2 year old will do sleeping in a tent. And if I come it means I gotta go out buy a tent and a air mattress so the wifey will be comfortable. Sleeping on the ground is not her idea of fun. So we will see if all the stars align for me or not.

bubba_got_you

Ok it doesn’t look good for me but we will see what i can get done in 2 days after i get back fromy my vacation . My question is, is there anyone leaving from Tampa/st,petersburg that wants to convoy? If so shoot me a pm of when you are leaving. :beer:

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok it doesn’t look good for me but we will see what i can get done in 2 days after i get back fromy my vacation . My question is, is there anyone leaving from Tampa/st,petersburg that wants to convoy? If so shoot me a pm of when you are leaving. :beer:

I'm a stay at home dad and just sit around the house when the kids are at school. So if you need an extra set of hands working on your truck let me know and I can come over and give you a hand.

Ruppster

phil2968

Stalker, how early are you leaving and are you going 54 to Zhills? I will be coming up 98 to old lakeland highway to dade city but could change route to join a convoy!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, let Rick know that the shear pins finally fell in the mail box yesterday, should have them tomorrow.

stalker

Phil,
We are planning on taking 52 to 301. We are shooting for 7:30am departure and I'm hoping to stop by the gun shop mentioned in a few of the posts.

lavarok

Are there electric sites still available? If so, my M109 is prepped and ready. Otherwise, I may rethink the vehicle choice....

rbeasley66

you forgot to check your H's and T's. Along with the treatment of a post arrest patient, Also with a patient in arrest one of the first things you need to do after establishing the airway and compressions is start an IV or IO. you also need to know the drug dosages, indications, contraindications, rapid vs slow iv push, what kind of airway you are going to use, how to treat stable & unstable V-Tach, so there is a lot more to a ACLS class than just remembering an cardiac arrest algorithm. But any way, It is just a refresher class, but it is still 14 hours of fun.
It's so nice to be the Driver/Engineer EMT of a ALS Engine. I get to take you there and back,:driver: and get to listen to all the "how tough this medic stuff is...." :rolleyes:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks