• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck in my yard....TWICE!!

sgtrisk

Dan:

I was up at your place yesterday, mistakenly. I was actually looking for Maddawg's place. I almost got stuck in your field just WALKING around!! I don't envy your drainage problems! But I can sure see how you got stuck in the mud. Your field is obviously catching all the drainage off the hill behind your place!

rizzo

I was using my 108 (20,000lbs) in similar conditions Sat. My 1008 got stuck and it has 315/75 MTR's on it. Sank down. The 108 with its 46" XL's went where I told it to.

it has been my experience that the skinny front tires sink and that is how it starts. Next thing you know your stuck.

HeadWizard

Damn, Daniel, ditto on what Mike said - you should have called. Glad you finally got out.

I also hope the 16.00's will work better - we'll see soon. You need to use my power washer?

citizensoldier

Call me crazy but that looks like fun to me.. I think even with XL's you would have kept going in that wet mess, and then the pig catches and boom your done. There is a bunch of weight on those rock hard donuts up front.. Down , down she go's where she stops only the axle knows.. :-D

tsmall07

Holy cow! And I thought you might be upset about the grass I tore up backing that tan truck into a spot! :razz:

Wish I could have been there for that one. I always enjoy a good recovery!

Stuck in my yard
You might be a redneck if..... :lol:

(I've been there, done that... Just not to quite the same extreme!)

Last edited:

Mbsk01

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. At least now I feel better about getting stuck in my yard. :oops:

BEASTMASTER

i think it's funny. experience is the best teachert. these trucks will go a lot of places, but not anywhere and everywhere. it's up to the nut holding the steering wheel. MAN HAS GOT TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An adventure, for sure, got stuck exactly like that one time in a septic tank drain field....
Got out after a couple of hours using the hydraulic outriggers, lifting the front out of the mud, piling rocks, wood etc under the tires.
The outriggers kept pushing wood blocks deeper and deeper about 2 feet actually to solid ground, before it began to lift the truck...

About the winching, how much cable was on the drum when the pin snapped?
With a lot of cable on the drum, the shear pin will snap way before the max rated pull has been reached. From what I have learned (see related thread from last week), I would have started winching 200 ft away to get the max out of it, perhaps you did, it's not clear....

Now, all NDTs are not created equal, we'll see how the 757 will do when I get it ready. :)

Towerguy1

Mud is a fact of life arround here in the spring to. Before the frost gos arround here I move the trailers from their out of the way parking areas into the solid ground of the driveway. Makes the wife happy.......not.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude,
That's not a field.

It's a really silty pond with grass floating on it.

That sucks, I have done that too, in my own yard. but it was a 1973 chevy bus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks