• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sudden oversupply of m923's ??

carbonraptor

oregon cdl? yea.. not so easily found.. been reasearching and calling for days.. anyone else if you know more please shed some light. seems that you need a cdl.. reason being is that they classify gvw or gvrw whichever is highest.. now their talking about commercial.. for personal use well that a bit of a story.. feds say yes. state says most likley no.. i wanna know whats the fine if you get caught tho? like they tow it lol.. or they give you a ticket? how much is the ticket? i talked to the local police and they said no go.. you need a cdl.. thats the tropoper writing the ticket.. HOWEVER. i called dmv and 50 percent of the time i call they say yes.. the other 50 or maybe 40 percent of the time they say no.. and falls under a heavy vehicle.. also the dmv HEADQUARTERS.. yes i called them too.. said well it really all comes down to whats really going down the road.. i plan to call again tomorrow to try and get someone else and see what they say.. bottom line.. im gonna get a cdl regardless i think.. dont want to but tis looking like the only real legal way is to get one. BS as it is.. but anyone else please shed some light on this. .anything you know would be greatly appreciated.. anyone else in oregon that already has a m923 or m925 please share how you got urs all done. bee nat this for a week or so now and could use any advice you can give :) hope this helps out a little bit. oh and btw i thought maybe it would qualify as a RV? according to the definition of a rv it is defined by something that has permanent sleeping quarters and a kitchen.. soooo.. thinking that route is impossible..got a rig to go and pick up in NV in a month and am getting a bit worried ill have to ship it.

tobyS

Jeff, I'm located in Rochester Indiana and would like to talk trucks. I have (3) 923's (perhaps selling one) and will be doing some modifications (like a dump bed). I would like more info about the antique plates and license requirements. Email me at seilertechco@yahoo.com. Thanks Toby

tobyS

Where to find statistics about how many are owned by the government? It should be public information. How many Deuce and half's were in inventory when liquidation began? How many left?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Where to find statistics about how many are owned by the government? It should be public information. How many Deuce and half's were in inventory when liquidation began? How many left?
DLA. Yes. Uh, that isn't how modernization and disposal works. Very, very few deuces and 800 series but none in official line units although only a handful are still being used for secondary purposes by installations. Example...fuel trucks but these will be gone as soon as they can be replaced.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There will soon be a huge glut of 939's hitting the market over the next year and will depend a lot on local situations for the exact timing. This will be on the level of the big M35 sell off (the $600 deuce days). I've seen them lined up and ready to go. How the sequestration impacts this is to be determined.

emr

Thank You CARNC for calling a 939 series truck a 939 series truck, As after reading the first post and saw correctly 939 , I then saw all the 900 posts and then was looking for 900 series trucks on GL and found none ? ? If you want to sound like you know something about the trucks, it is a good idea to call them what they actually are... All good intentions here I am sure :) Hey if you don;t know its important for someone to tell them:) Thanks...Randy

Last edited:

jesusgatos

There will soon be a huge glut of 939's hitting the market over the next year and will depend a lot on local situations for the exact timing. This will be on the level of the big M35 sell off (the $600 deuce days). I've seen them lined up and ready to go. How the sequestration impacts this is to be determined.
Thanks for following-up on that first post. Have spent the last four years rebuilding my M109 and would really like to buy (at least one) M939. Have been watching prices for the last few months and out here on the west coast, super-fresh trucks seem to be selling for about $3500+. That's a good enough deal to jump on, and wouldn't want to miss out, but you're saying prices are gonna drop even further as the supply increases. That's great news. Time to save-up!

ichudov

Probably won't be super cheap like deuces but still....
I hope that this is not off topic. I am wondering about those $600 deuces.

The scrap value of a deuce, without wheels, is at least $1,500. It would seem to be very easy business, to buy deuces for $600, which would be $660 with BP, and towing them to a scrap yard right away, right? And any parts removed from those deuces, would only increase profits?

jesusgatos

Yeah, I think ideally I'd like to have an M928A2. If you're going to go big... right? Although an M925 is still plenty big and is probably a bit more maneuverable? Got a little while to think about it I guess, but will probably end up pulling the trigger on whatever comes my way.

tobyS

No Madcroc, they are not twice the weight. The 923 is about 23,000 minus rubber or 10+ tons. How much can you get for unprepared/ton??.... and be careful about being too optimistic as costs do add up.

I'd split an A2 truck with someone. I want frame, engine and tranny (running).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks