• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sudden oversupply of m923's ??

Rifleman

Someone ask about how many M939 series trucks were in the military inventory. When i did some searching on line the number i found was around 32000 trucks of all types. So if the flood gates of the sales of the M939 started in 2011 and if they sold say about 5000 to 6000 ( right now i have seen G/L selling off up to 150 trucks or more a week) trucks a year we still have about 3 years left to make a buy but not really so read on. Now one thing you need to remember is that 32000 number is all M939 trucks in the military's inventory stationed all over the world. So you might figure that at least 25% of that inventory is based overseas and due to shipping cost will never be brought back to the states to be sold. So that leaves about 24000 trucks stateside to be sold off, so based on that number i would say by the end of 2014 (this date would line up with what Carnac said) they will all be sold, in that case if your looking to buy one you should do it soon.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rifleman, when you say 32,000 of all types, how do you reduce that to 939 series? What percent of total inventory is 939? Or do you mean 32,000 of the many variety's of 939?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac, Yes I know, but Rifleman said "all trucks", not only 939 series. Is the 32k number only 939 series?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The GL guy said the military wants all 939 trucks gone by fiscal year 2015 which I believe it around october of next year. I had asked about the lmtv fmtv trucks he said oshkosh has a contract to redo them all and the only ones they are selling off are odd models that dont meet the oshkosh contract for rebulding them.

Rifleman

Tobys, Carnac is correct, it is all trucks in the M939 series such as the model M931,A1,A2 M932,A1,A2, M923,A1,A2 and so on. Tobys, Now if you go back and reread my post i do state that the 32000 number covers all trucks in the M939 series and where i say "all types" i am talking about the different models within the M939 series of trucks as i state in this post.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, Oct 1st, 2014 begins FY15. I think they will be hard pressed to get them all turned in and through DRMO by then. I had also heard the date was extend to Oct 1st 2016 (FY17) but haven't confirmed that yet.

Again, I would be spending premium $ on a 939 series unless you really needed it right this minute. There's thousands coming down the pike.

acme66

About 6 months ago I shared the info I got from a guy in the supply chain that the military was going to be dumping tons of them in the next few months. Some of the nice, kind, considerate, intelligent, Christian folks on here had some really nasty things to say about my "BS" information. Funny how things turn out isn't it boys? Kept the rest of my insider info to myself ever since.

Ken

machinist75

About 6 months ago I shared the info I got from a guy in the supply chain that the military was going to be dumping tons of them in the next few months. Some of the nice, kind, considerate, intelligent, Christian folks on here had some really nasty things to say about my "BS" information. Funny how things turn out isn't it boys? Kept the rest of my insider info to myself ever since.

Ken
It's ok acme66, you can share all your insider info with me. I won't dog you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks