• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question(s) for you Quad: Did you drive this rig with the original tires prior to changing to singles? If so, do you remember the top speed that it would go? And when changing to the singles, was there more top end speed or was it about the same? Thanks.
The truck was already equipped with Michelin XL 11.00 tires when I purchased it. They are still on the rears as duals. I only changed the fronts so I could have tubeless tires/wheels on the steer axle. The top speed didn't change. The new tires are around an inch taller, so I doubt they would drop RPM's much. With what I am running, top GPS speed at an indicated redline is about 67 mph. I cruise comfortably at 60.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, trying again to upload pics from several weeks ago. Some catching up to do. Resizing pics with my Windows Paint program, very slow to do multiple pics. Never had to do this before, don't understand why since have been told system hasn't changed. Still using same camera and settings, same PC and software. Who knows. At least I'd saved my text.

Purchased a Sanden 24v AC compressor for a future cab AC project.
Here is the 4/0 welding cable I picked up for wiring my winch to the coach batteries. Have approx. a 14 foot run to the battery bank in the box floor compartment, hence the heavy cable. I decided to use the 8 deep cycle coach batteries for 12 volt winching instead of the 2 starting batteries at 24 volts. Gives me plenty of amperage and also won't drain the starting batteries. Installing 2 battery disconnect switches so I can keep the long winch line dead until needed, and so I can disconnect the coach batteries during winching. Took a few glamour shots while out at RAYZER's LZ Sunday. Also finally labeled my in cab 12 and 24 volt fuse boxes.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics here of the fuse box labeling. Some pics of my welding cable wiring getting installed. Will have a disconnect switch on the winch power feed to prevent issues in the event of a chaffed cable or damage due to an accident. Also installing a disconnect switch for the coach load so that when the winch is being used, there won't be any spikes going into the coach electrical system. Pics of the start of the mock up of the bumper extension for the winch. After some measuring and thinking figured on a ten inch extension. Had a Jeep winch plate that when cut in half, works perfectly as an inner channel for the extension. Pulled the bumper and brackets and with the help of some c clamps was able to set the bumper on my extended frame rails to see how it looked.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't have my winch plate yet, so I just used a piece of wood to set the winch on to verify it worked as I wanted. Later got the 1/2 inch plate for the mounting base. Also mocked up a possible water can mounting location.

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, trying again to upload pics from several weeks ago. Some catching up to do. Resizing pics with my Windows Paint program, very slow to do multiple pics. Never had to do this before, don't understand why since have been told system hasn't changed. Still using same camera and settings, same PC and software. Who knows. At least I'd saved my text.
Have you downloaded the resizer powertool? It's just a matter of right clicking and resizing the pics then.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you right-click on the photo image, and get a drop-down menu with sizing options; that it?
I don't know AA, I can't get it to set up once downloaded. I snooped around in my Windows accessories and found Paint, I used that, but so slow that I doubt I'll post many pics from here on out. Something changed somewhere, never needed to do anything other than upload pics to SS.

AZK9

When I upload pics from the computer I click on the upload attachment link, and select the pics 1 at a time. No issues that way
:ditto: That's the only way I've ever been able to upload my photos! :shrugs: Did not know there was any other method.

The 'one-at-a-time way' has almost always been dependable.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: That's the only way I've ever been able to upload my photos! :shrugs: Did not know there was any other method.

The 'one-at-a-time way' has almost always been dependable.
Used to be able to upload max of ten pics at a time without resizing. Now sometimes can't even do one.

AZK9

... . Now sometimes can't even do one.
I've found (for some reason) that if I click on the 'Go Advanced' button... I have a much better
chance of success uploading my pic! Not sure why that might be, but... it seems to work for me.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found (for some reason) that if I click on the 'Go Advanced' button... I have a much better
chance of success uploading my pic! Not sure why that might be, but... it seems to work for me.
I have always used the "go advanced" button. Worked fine until recently.

Another Ahab

So far when my pictures won't upload I just open them and the use Snipping Tool to take a screenshot. The screenshots always upload just fine. I never had problems until about a month ago
Until about a month ago I used to be able to select text to delete, paragraphs at a time. But that doesn't work anymore. Now i Have to hold the backspace key to do that (which is a time-consuming PIA). Might be related to your upload issue, who knows?

AZK9

I have always used the "go advanced" button. Worked fine until recently.
Interestingly enough... tonight I tried to upload a pic (to a different thread) and my efforts failed.

I tried 5 more times and each time... total fail! My methods were the same as before. Now that
does not work anymore. :shrugs:

rustystud

Ha ha, then figure out what has changed to cause the upload failures. Seems that I'm not the only one with issues.
It all started about a month ago. I haven't changed anything or any settings but uploading pictures and trying to manage messages has all changed. I truly think there is some kind of virus or worm or whatever floating around here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks