• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try uploading a couple pictures at a time and then edit the post until you get them all loaded.

rustystud

I think something happened to the site. Today everything is working just great ! Nothing changed on my end. My problem though had to do with moving from thread to thread.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott - You can email me the pictures and I'll post them for you. I can send you a PM with my email address. :)

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little late posting but here is some of the tinkering from this past weekend. Finally put hinges on my passenger step water can carrier, so I can quickly access the battery door. Used a pin and clip to hold it in the upright position. Have seen some stock units done this way. Purchased a Sanden 24v AC compressor for a future cab AC project.
Here is the 4/0 welding cable I picked up for wiring my winch to the coach batteries. Have approx. a 14 foot run to the battery bank in the box floor compartment, hence the heavy cable. I decided to use the 8 deep cycle coach batteries for 12 volt winching instead of the 2 starting batteries at 24 volts. Gives me plenty of amperage and also won't drain the starting batteries. Installing 2 battery disconnect switches so I can keep the long winch line dead until needed, and so I can disconnect the coach batteries during winching. Took a few glamour shots while out at RAYZER's LZ Sunday. Also finally labeled my in cab 12 and 24 volt fuse boxes.

Well tried 3 times to load pics, no luck. Maybe tomorrow.
Ok, back in town, let's see if I can upload the pics to go with this text.

Oh well, I give up. Tried to upload 9 pics, no dice. Just uploaded 2, one at a time, took over 10 min. Wouldn't let me upload any more. Done with this.

So I guess this is the end of this thread, as pics are really needed to make it work. Sorry guys.

Just tried again to upload pics, got one additional one up. Shows the pin and clip for holding down the can carrier.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Ok, back in town, let's see if I can upload the pics to go with this text.

Oh well, I give up. Tried to upload 9 pics, no dice. Just uploaded 2, one at a time, took over 10 min. Wouldn't let me upload any more. Done with this.
You might already have mentioned this QJ, but was there a reason the Jerry Can holder was hinged (instead of just fixed in place) like that?

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little late posting but here is some of the tinkering from this past weekend. Finally put hinges on my passenger step water can carrier, so I can quickly access the battery door. Used a pin and clip to hold it in the upright position. Have seen some stock units done this way. Purchased a Sanden 24v AC compressor for a future cab AC project.
Here is the 4/0 welding cable I picked up for wiring my winch to the coach batteries. Have approx. a 14 foot run to the battery bank in the box floor compartment, hence the heavy cable. I decided to use the 8 deep cycle coach batteries for 12 volt winching instead of the 2 starting batteries at 24 volts. Gives me plenty of amperage and also won't drain the starting batteries. Installing 2 battery disconnect switches so I can keep the long winch line dead until needed, and so I can disconnect the coach batteries during winching. Took a few glamour shots while out at RAYZER's LZ Sunday. Also finally labeled my in cab 12 and 24 volt fuse boxes.

Well tried 3 times to load pics, no luck. Maybe tomorrow.

Ok, ANOTHER attempt at uploading, let's see how this goes. Using a different PC. No luck, no upload after over an hour. Ugg.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried resizing the images before uploading by chance yet? You mentioned earlier that it took 10 minutes to upload 2 pictures. Either you're trying to upload massive sized images, or you have a tremendously slow upload speed. (Note, high speed internet is typically asynchronous in nature for residential use. You might have 100mb down, but only 1mb upload) The time it takes to upload images here is based solely on file size and your upload speed. (Well for the most part, java and your workstation resources play a small part of it as well)

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott, just for fun check the size of a picture you are uploading. I just looked at the two pictures you uploaded of the fuel can and they are about 54KB each and 800x600. I also checked all the pictures I have uploaded over the years and the biggest was a little over 90KB and most were under 50KB. For most of them I uploaded the full size picture and let the website software down size them. If you have a internet connection or computer problem it will help down size the pictures before you upload them. I do that when I am traveling and have limited bandwidth or data.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried resizing the images before uploading by chance yet? You mentioned earlier that it took 10 minutes to upload 2 pictures. Either you're trying to upload massive sized images, or you have a tremendously slow upload speed. (Note, high speed internet is typically asynchronous in nature for residential use. You might have 100mb down, but only 1mb upload) The time it takes to upload images here is based solely on file size and your upload speed. (Well for the most part, java and your workstation resources play a small part of it as well)
Thanks for the info Patracy. I have never needed to resize any of the hundreds of pics that I have uploaded in the past. Still using the same camera and settings. It has always taken some time to upload, normally about 6-8 min. for 10 pics, size unknown. Just did a speed test, am at the peak usage time now, ping is 47ms, download at 15.45Mbps and upload is 1.16Mbps. Typical for what it has been for quite awhile.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott, just for fun check the size of a picture you are uploading. I just looked at the two pictures you uploaded of the fuel can and they are about 54KB each and 800x600. I also checked all the pictures I have uploaded over the years and the biggest was a little over 90KB and most were under 50KB. For most of them I uploaded the full size picture and let the website software down size them. If you have a internet connection or computer problem it will help down size the pictures before you upload them. I do that when I am traveling and have limited bandwidth or data.
Thanks Ray. I have always let the website down size them. I am computer illiterate so I'd most likely screw it up trying to resize. All pics are uploaded from my PC.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Ray. I have always let the website down size them. I am computer illiterate so I'd most likely screw it up trying to resize. All pics are uploaded from my PC.
If you'll download that image resizer tool I posted in the other thread, it's just a matter of selecting the pics, right click, resize, select the size you want, then upload the resized pics.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your upload speed test is faster than mine Scott. I would think you should have no problem. Good luck working it out.

dunlopbelly

Whew, TIRED today. Mounted my new tires and got them on the truck. What a job. Next time I think I'll summon some help. Ugg. Too much weight for this old man to wrestle around. Getting the tires on the wheels wasn't too bad, used some bead sealer on the new o rings and anti seize on the wheel mating areas to keep them from rusting together. The biggest problem was getting the beads to seat so I could air them up. The wheels are 11" wide and the beads on the tires were 7" wide at rest. If I had a bead blaster it would have been cake. As it was, it was rotten pie for awhile. First I tried to use a ratchet strap to squeeze the tire, no luck. Then tried starting fluid and lighting it, not. Then charcoal fluid, nothing. Pulled out all of the stops and used gasoline ( kids don't try this at home ) , just about burned up my tire. So after warming my lawn chair for a bit, I figured I try something that wouldn't work. Tada, it did. I used bead sealer on the inside bead and with the wheel supported off of the ground, I placed one of the old wheel o rings in the wheel just outside of the tire bead. Started airing it up, and it did. The o ring rolled under the bead as it moved out to the wheel lip. I'm hoping that it all rolled out, seems to have, no leaks so far, and boy did I check for leaks. So got both to seat and then for the fun part, getting them on the truck. Pulled the 11.00's off and without too much effort, was able to get the 365's on. I think they helped the looks of the truck a good bit. Should be better off road too with the increased flotation. Hoping it doesn't adversely affect the steering. Cycled the steering and to the right it is a tad closer to the steering arm than before, and closer than I like. Previously adjusted the steering stop for clearance. May have to again.
Question(s) for you Quad: Did you drive this rig with the original tires prior to changing to singles? If so, do you remember the top speed that it would go? And when changing to the singles, was there more top end speed or was it about the same? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks