• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking home a KraZ 214b - need some help finding front axle shafts

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Skull
looking good!! I do have a question though; Where did you get your brake chambers? The reason I ask is I have not see the type that has the removable clamp on the spring brake side with no little safety brackets for a long time!!! Please take note there is a big spring on the back part of your chamber they have a LOT of stored energy and have hurt a lot of people through the years!! You may know about them and if you do please take no offence from me mentioning about them but if you do not know please be careful and don't take the back end loose!

Skull Crusher

Hello Skull
looking good!! I do have a question though; Where did you get your brake chambers? The reason I ask is I have not see the type that has the removable clamp on the spring brake side with no little safety brackets for a long time!!! Please take note there is a big spring on the back part of your chamber they have a LOT of stored energy and have hurt a lot of people through the years!! You may know about them and if you do please take no offence from me mentioning about them but if you do not know please be careful and don't take the back end loose!
Hi there, Wrench!

Thanks for warning me, safety always comes first! I got them from a truck stuff supplier near my home.

Now it´s time to start connect all those chambers and valves to the brake system.

A big hug!

Skull Crusher

Hi folks!

Back from the dead, here I am....:driver:

Work:

-air chambers connected to the brake system (will change the brake hoses after somo mock up).
- all air lines connected.
- radiator finished and hoses installed.
- removed the winch auto fair lead rewinding system.
- bought two fuel tanks (400L each, not pictured).
- hydro steering system ajusted.

Pics:

20150731_112353.jpg20150731_111951.jpg20150731_112056.jpg20150731_112051.jpg20150731_111941.jpg20150731_112130.jpg20150729_091518.jpg20150729_091504.jpg20150729_091454.jpg20150731_112323.jpg

A big hug to you all!

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Hey Ahab!

Lots of things happening at the same time in my life right now....moving, got off the actual job and going to work in another place, working in the truck, started working in my trail rig....just that....
Slow to reply, My Good Friend, but just a lot going on at THIS end too, I guess.

I know the new job will work out for you. It takes a while to get up to speed whenever you start something new, so don't let that work on you at all. It'll all come together.

How's it going at the new place, so far?

Skull Crusher

I've moved from one town to another, also got out of the job and got a new one....I got married....and....the truck moves by his own power!
And.....he's got a little brother, a '68 Chevy C65 6x6.

So, like I said...life changed!

Let me know about you, how life is going and what you have been doing.

A big hug to you all!
20151206_125226.jpg20151129_103146.jpg20160111_192655.jpg20160111_192806.jpgLateral.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Wow, Skull Crusher, it sounds like you got Born Again or something! A lot going on for you, and that's great.

Had our one big snowstorm of the season here (I hope that was it), and just coming off the end of that.

My second daughter is getting in her college acceptances, and so we're THIS close to being Empty Nesters.

And then Momma says she needs a puppy. :shock::shrugs:. Go figure. But she's My Beautiful Bride, so what're you going to do. She's Happy; the House is Happy.

Got to get my business license (government smokescreen for another tax I have to pay), and a flyer, and my webpage up; and I'll launch my small business of facilities services.

I think that's all about it. For now anyway.

How about some pics of your new "digs"?

Skull Crusher

PS

What kind of bed are you thinking of for the rig (I mean if there is one on your mind)?
From the last to the first:

I'm planning a flat bed for the Kraz as it will be very usefull I think it will look good on it.

The Chevy is a good runner, got a non synch 5 speed tranny and no power steering too...makes a funny drive!

The tractor tired rig got the diesel Perkins engine and a Clark 5 speed tranny installed too.

Its always very entertaining hearing from you! I really like the way you write! I talked to my wife about you and how friendly you always are to everybody here around SS Forum!

Right now I am in a hospital in São Paulo. My wife need to get rid of her womb due to some myomas and endometriosis. She got out of the surgery feeling well and the recovering process is going fine.

Where we live now there is no internet signal, it´s too deep in the woods.

God bless you and your family!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks