• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tatra 813 new owner

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goatwerks said:
You have Eurotruckophobia :shock: , get over it. A lot of people get uncomfortable when their beliefs in vehicles is challenged.....
You are way off the mark, I'm am simply interested in finding out how they are built. I love comparing technologies, expecially when they are hidden for whatever reason, political or whatever. Look back at my questions.
I have asked questions about these vehicle for years and only now am I getting some answers. Statements like being able to pull a number of "Ural tanks" for some distance means nothing to me and trying to rationalize/explain them seems futile.

I can hardly be accused of having Eurotruckphobia (funny!), I am of European origin myself, English is my 3rd language after Swedish and German, so am not as articulate and some of you guys on this forum....so there, now show me a Russian equivalent of the Packard connector, please.

tatra813

I think if you spend time looking at youtube you will see the Tatras in all kinds of extreme terrain and they perform very well, they are the truck of choice for there class of trucks.
I think you will appreciate them more than just a big truck if you watch enough of them.

I know you are interested in details and I just dont have the time to look up everything you are asking for up in my manuals, and dont have enough knowledge about the truck to answer everything. But details aside when you watch what they are doing you will be sold.

I have been very busy on a work project but when its done I can look more info up in the manuals.

tatra813

cranetruck said:
Thanks for the link, however, those are new models, what about manuals and additional info on vintage (1960-70) Tatras?
I havnt found any real useful technical info on the web for this era of the truck. I ended up having to buy manuals, which luckily are packed with lots of info.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This thread is fun. Thanks No.2 for getting me sucked into Pinz-tac-toe! Someone needs to come up with a tic-tac-deuce or maybe a duck-duck-deuce!

tatra813

cranetruck said:
Which are missing? There is another thread on Tatras you know, perhaps they were posted there....
None of the pictures that were posted on this thread on all 9 pages are coming up anymore, including the ones you posted?

tatra813

I found a complete factory bulldozer attachment in chz for one of my trucks, I am trying to purchase it, the price is decent so as long as shipping isnt too crazy Im going to get it, Ill keep you posted with pics.

Capt.Marion

Wow. These beasties look like fun! Until you have to pay for them. Bit too big for me- but they sure seem to be capable of overcoming whatever you throw at them!

tatra813

There are lots of good pics on this thread but they seem to come and go. I dont see them anymore either?

Anyone know how to contact a moderator to find out why?

Wind632000

Hello,
Im located in Italy and have a 813 an 815. I am happy with the Tatra but its not a KraZ. I also have a 255b and Ural 4320. The Kraz is un breakable! My problem with both Tatra's is the tire inflator leaking. I have replaced seals 2 times and still the same problem. I spoke with a CZ army mechanic and he said " whats the problem" like its normal but I will kepp trying to find a solution.
Did you by it direct from CZ broker? I know a few good and allot of bad

tatra813

I bought both of mine here in the u.s. I believe there are only 6 total in the u.s. and I have 2 of them I was really lucky to find them locally. I did have to ship one from accross the country which cost me $8000 just for shipping.

I havnt had tire leaking issues, mainly hub issues due to rubber gator failures and water getting in the hub. I now have all new rubber seals etc and am finishing rebuilding all the hubs. \\

Do you have any good parts sources in Italy I am always looking for more people with parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks