• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Technical Assistance needed for non-starting Deuce (76 degreess outside)

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeepsinker,

As I understand you all had to replace the HH button to get Zev's truck to run.
Will these trucks run at all without the button? There's a near new HH on my IP.

I can get mine to run after shooting the flame heater to her and she will
run good but can not get her to start, hot or cold, even in warm weather, otherwise. Also,
will not idle very good unless 900 rpm +.

Thanks for your help,

Orren Winjum
386-658-3539

Maybe check out this thread as a starting point: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?123904-Deuce-wont-start-without-ether
Maybe the "near-new" hydraulic head is not accurately timed: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?80138-No-idle-but-runs-at-1400

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Jeepsinker,

As I understand you all had to replace the HH button to get Zev's truck to run.
Will these trucks run at all without the button? There's a near new HH on my IP.

I can get mine to run after shooting the flame heater to her and she will
run good but can not get her to start, hot or cold, even in warm weather, otherwise. Also,
will not idle very good unless 900 rpm +.

Thanks for your help,

Orren Winjum
386-658-3539
Orren, it would not run at all if your HH button had popped off. Sounds like you have something sticking in the pump, or someone got something installed a bit out of time when they were doing pump work on your truck. You may also just have really bad injectors, or really low compression. Real hard to say anything for sure without looking at it myself.