• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

DSCF7037.jpgDSCF7045.jpgDSCF7046.jpgDSCF7044.jpgDSCF7043.jpgDSCF7042.jpgDSCF7041.jpgDSCF7040.jpgDSCF7039.jpgDSCF7038.jpgTerminus M1009 has not been this clean in years. Like I mentioned. I will keep working on it till I sell it or I get another toy. This vehicle has been great for all tasks I have done with it.

cucvrus

DSCF7373.jpgDSCF7372.jpgDSCF7371.jpgDSCF7370.jpgToday we took a ride thru the fields in the Terminus M1009. We had it start and shut off. I wanted to see if it was dropping fuel. What better way then to leave it parked like this for a week or 2. I think it may be time to drop the fuel tank. It is the first time since I had it that it was below 1/4 tank. That could be the start and shut off problem. As previously posted the fuel gauge never worked until i reattached the ground wire to fresh steel. it was corroded and when I touched it it broke off. Have a great day. Ever take notice how much water the rear side window rubbers hold. we are in a drought and the water ran out of the rubbers when I parked it on the hill. No wonder the M1009's rust out so badly. good thing the rear tops are fiberglass or they would be all gone at this point.

Last edited:

cucvrus

The dirt piles are gone. I have a quick question. i think I know the answer. But the Terminus M1009 does not idle well at times. It will just shut off when idling and some times when I let off the fuel. It runs and starts fine. But when you get on it and let off quickly it stalls and I must restart it. It starts right up but it is annoying. I think injection pump and just had 1 rebuilt to put on it. First I am going to drop the fuel tank and check out the situation inside the tank. Any one have any other ideas? It runs fine in upper RPM's but just does not like idling and rapid throttle downs. When I am off road I just run it in 4LO to keep the RPM's up. Starts cold on the first revolution and does have some blow by at the oil cap at idle. Can the CDR valve effect the idle? I don't think so but wanted to ask. ANYONE?

CUCVLOVER

I'd also change the fuel filter, you already did the lift pump I'm 99%sure so I doubt that's it, the pump could be going out. Any smoke from the exhaust? Also if you will clean your oil cap and cdr you will get less oil and crap in the intake. That's how it was with my truck anyway.

So I would say, fuel filter, blow out line coming from tank, and lastly ip replacement.

cucvrus

Thank you Jedi warrior. I was going to drop the fuel tank on Terminus M1009. I never had it out and it would just be part of routine maintenance to drop the tank and clean everything, coat and paint everything and reinstall it. I know it is my off road buggy but I will treat it like a show piece when it comes to maintaining it. i know of no other way. I will post pictures. I need to get a new starter relay for Terminus. I only have a used one and do not want to put a used $15. new , used relay in when a new one is available. Thank you for the reply.

cucvrus

DSCF2123.jpgDSCF2122.jpgDSCF2118.jpgDSCF2096.jpgDSCF2095.jpgDSCF2073.jpgDSCF2065.jpgDSCF2066.jpgDSCF2063.jpgDSCF2066.jpg
Terminus M1009 performed flawlessly at Rausch Creek yesterday. I had no problems with it. It will require a bit of spit and polish. But running a 100% stock M1009 it went everywhere that the 5 tons went with the exception of deep water and extra deep mud holes. I was traveling in Kampfgruppe B. We hit many blue trails a few black and went on 1 red trail. The east side of the road has many great steep rocky trails. I have 1 minor road rash on the right rear bumper corner and some how managed to knock off both rear towing lights. That is just opportunity. the next towing lamps will be recessed into the rear bumper B/O lamp holes. Unless some comes around and buys my toy. I had a few tire kickers at Rausch that showed interest. Not sure if new tires would even make that much of a difference. Hey thanks for looking. I had 2 empty seats. I was wheeling with my drinks and the XM radio. It doesn't get any better then that. And if I wanted I could have dove into any mud hole. I had 5 - 5 tons as wing men. Thanks to all the guys in group B we had a great day.

cucvrus

DSCF2131.jpgDSCF2139.jpgDSCF2138.jpgDSCF2137.jpgDSCF2136.jpgDSCF2135.jpgDSCF2134.jpgDSCF2133.jpgDSCF2132.jpgDSCF2140.jpg
These are some post Rausch Creek pictures of Terminus M1009. I was happy to see no fluid leaks from the engine and the oil was still full and clean after a hard day of running. I had replaced all the seals and wanted to do a thorough check out after being in the mud and dirt. It looks very dry at all the old leak points.

Chevybrit

View attachment 601046View attachment 601045View attachment 601044View attachment 601047This is another must do on every CUCV I ever buy. I change the master cylinder. When you open the top it appears fine. When you remove the master cylinder and dump the fluid out and look at it see what you find? I bought a new one at Autozone made in USA and less then $50. along with new front calipers and rear wheel cylinders I rebuilt the entire brake system for less the $100.. That is a bargain if you do it up front and avoid the issues later on down the road. just a thought. Do as you wish. i enjoy working on my projects every time I get a chance to. Happy New Year.

Have you got the part numbers for these items? Seriously 100 bucks for new calipers, MC and cylinders?

cucvrus

DSCF2153.jpgThe right rear tire is still holding air and the bubble under the tread is getting bigger. I was sort of afraid to get near it. DSCF2155.jpgSo I got out the pressure washer and cleaned it all up and removed the layers of mud from the Rausch Creek run last Saturday. DSCF2156.jpgDSCF2164.jpgMr Crusty also got a good washing.

cucvrus

DSCF2201.jpgDSCF2202.jpgThe bulge keeps growing. Today I took the knife to it. I was afraid my grand children were going to get near it. They kept checking on it and giving me reports. It still holds air. I think it is just a matter of time till it blows out. I wish I could have been wheeling when it blew out. It has been such a good set of tires.Being that they came with Terminus M1009 I have nothing to complain about as usual.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should of saved it. That herniated tire would of given you better traction in the mud bogs.

Last edited:

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 652824View attachment 652825The bulge keeps growing. Today I took the knife to it. I was afraid my grand children were going to get near it. They kept checking on it and giving me reports. It still holds air. I think it is just a matter of time till it blows out. I wish I could have been wheeling when it blew out. It has been such a good set of tires.Being that they came with Terminus M1009 I have nothing to complain about as usual.
I would not let my grandchildren go near a disaster waiting to happen like that. Taking a knife to it will not save them either. That tire is going to blow out!! I would let the air out of that tire until it could be changed out. Grandchildren are too precious to have a rotten tire blow up in their face!!

cucvrus

DSCF2732 (1).jpgDSCF2734 (1).jpgDSCF2740 (1).jpgDSCF2739 (1).jpgDSCF2741 (1).jpgDSCF2742 (1).jpgDSCF2756 (1).jpgDSCF2769 (1).jpgDSCF2768 (1).jpgDSCF2767 (1).jpgSaturday April 22, 2017. Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Terminus performed flawlessly. A few flat dry rotted tires were destroyed, a steering stabilizer, transmission cross member slightly bent, gate window busted, both rear propeller shaft U joints squeaking. Nothing that can't be fixed in a few hours of fun/work. Overall a good day wheeled from 0830 AM - 1730. Never missed a beat. Changed the tires and kept rolling. Amazed at how dusty dry this truck is underneath. Except for the oil from the steering stabilizer it is dry and dusty clean. I am thinking a July 2017 run is in the makes. Anyone interested?

cucvrus

DSCF2761 (1).jpgDSCF2762 (1).jpgDSCF2766 (1).jpgDSCF2770 (1).jpgDSCF2771 (1).jpgDSCF2772 (1).jpgDSCF2773 (1).jpgDSCF2774 (1).jpgDSCF2775 (1).jpgDSCF2776 (1).jpgFun Fun is all I can say. And at a minimum of carnage. It is just an opportunity to wheel a completely stock M1009. A few minor maintenance items and some repairs and we will be ready again. I could actually go a few more days with just 2 spare tires. The tire issue will be addressed. Still debating if I want the LT23575R15 on stock narrow K10 wheels or the stock 31 10.50 15 tires that are currently on the Mule M1009. I am thinking of finding another set of tires that make the look that I want. The Goodyear MTR's do it but new ones would be nice also. Yes Terminus would get the hand me downs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks