• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

Another thing I want to add. I do all the repairs on Terminus M1009 myself and then I follow up after an outing to see if they hold and survive my punishment. Some people do things half fast. This commercial reminded me of them repairs and the people doing them. Who am I to judge? Maybe they like doing things over. And over. I for one do not. Unless it is a proven tested repair method.
https://youtu.be/0RpmwqaxrwA

cucvrus

Terminus is all back together. I even vacuumed it out and washed the interior. Cleaned the windows and checked all the fluids. Everything is a go. I am ready to go and it is only Wednesday. Maybe I can take off the rest of the week. maybe NOT. Take care.DSCF3842.jpgThis was last night. My Mule M1009 has gone to a new home. I was very happy to deal with the Gentlemen that bought it. He was able to come tonight transfer the title and tags and drive it home. This is the last picture last night of twins together.

cucvrus

DSCF3849.jpgDSCF3846.jpgDSCF3847.jpgDSCF3848.jpgDSCF3850.jpgDSCF3851.jpgDSCF3852.jpgDSCF3853.jpgDSCF3854.jpgTerminus M1009 done well today at Rausch Creek. I can't say the same for the tires. I had 3 of the 4 tires flat. Oh well. I still had a great time. I had 2 spares and had to use the spare out of Crown of Thorns M1009 to get home. it all worked out. Another day of fun in the warm October sun. Thank you to all that showed up. I had the CUCV represented.

cucvrus

Just standard mud holes in the woods on the trails. Some were stagnated and smelled of sewage. I cut a tire on the side wall at every place I had stones. So that pretty much done it in. everywhere. The HMMWV ride wa great. Very capable machine. And I did get to help 2 of the ladies in the Jeeps. They had flats also and did not know how to change tires. They had fancy lug nuts and stock lug wrenches. I swooped in and saved the day. My Son and I had 8 Ladies offering to make us lunch on the trail. Some even had shrimp cocktails and hot sauce. I had everything they needed but a thin wal deep 3/4" socket to get the spare off the rack on both Jeeps. I took my Snap-On 1/2" cordless. But the impact sockets were 2 thick walled to get into the aluminum wheels on the spare tire carrier. Finally someone came along with a thin 19MM and I was able to get it off. 10 minutes later another one blew the side wall off the rim. I think they air down to low. But what do I know. I was running flats 3 times today. New meaning of run flats. The last one I ran a couple miles back to camp.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure glad you got to go and had a good time. Especially after all the crap you have had to go through lately!

cucvrus

DSCF6366.jpgDSCF6277.jpg001.jpg020.jpg052.jpgDSCF5313 (1).jpgI hope these help you see how I made the rear closure. Cool thing was I rolled the rear window up first day of spring and rolled it back down first day of winter. I could remove the whole closure canvas in less then 5 minutes. But it would rain in on you in hard down pours. This way with the canvas on the rain just never hit me. I hope you can make out the design. The rear window part of the roof went with the trash man. All I used was 10.5 inches and 2 pieces to fill the window opening on the roof.

cucvrus

Terminus M1009.jpgThis picture and this one of Terminus M1009 always go together. Anyone else see the resemblance? DSCF6277.jpgLed Zeppelin IV. So in Rome this as a CUCV MMIX = CUCV M1009.

cucvrus

Thanks Rick ! That's helps a LOT. How did you fill the top were the glass goes in ??
I cut pieces out of the upper roof center section. Center section is flat. Used a adhesive and filled the area and sanded it smooth. I was not taking pictures while I done it. Nice thing is it still attaches with the flange bolts and 2 of the side rail bolts. Maybe I can get a few pictures of the roof for you. Give me a bit. I am up to my eyes in it. Cleaning up and getting a few long projects wrapped up. I am alone most of the time.

cucvrus

DSCF3923.jpgDSCF3924.jpgDSCF3925.jpgDSCF3926.jpgDSCF3927.jpgDSCF3928.jpgDSCF3929.jpgDSCF3930.jpgDSCF3931.jpgDSCF3932.jpgAfter using the Crown of Thorns m1009 I decided today it needed to be cleaned out. Heck I found 2014 Uncle Henry's in it from when I was up in Maine. I also wanted to show how well the rear gate held up since I rebuilt it and had it Line Xed in 2010. i also remembered that I never installed the right outer seal/molding. I fixed that. In the process I adjust the gate and oiled all the moving parts on the gate and entire vehicle. Having the magic gate box of parts is very helpful. I was shocked that I found the right on without dumping out the entire box.

cucvrus

DSCF3934.jpgDSCF3933.jpgBroke the screw off in the hole. Most times the hole is to big for the screw. Easy fix. #8 x 5/8" oval head screw is the stock screw. DSCF3935.jpgFits nice. A bit tight. But I added the 12 gauge metal on the top of the gate.DSCF3936.jpgBrush seal and rubber seal to protect the glass edge.DSCF3937.jpgYellow reflective tape to make te window edge visible to avoid it being broken if left up. DSCF3938.jpgJust using the vise grips to show that the window is untouchable with the seals and the block on the inside. The trim lock window track make the window go up and down with ease. that and keeping everything greaseed and oiled. And NOT spray lube. Worthless as it comes. This is all lubed with 30 wt Lubriplate oil and a squirt can. DSCF3939.jpgAll cleaned up and organized again. I think it was quite a few years since I cleaned and vacuumed it out real good. The Line X looks great after all these years. DSCF3940.jpgAfter everything was cleaned I even cleaned all the windows inside and out and now need to get the spare tire back off of Terminus. I may have done a bad thing. I tow barred Terminus home 25 miles with a LT23575R15 on the right rear and a 31 10.5 X 15 on the left rear. I drove it today it seemed fine. Probably not enough to ruin it. I have been hauling that wood around long enough. All in my basement stacked for winter usage. Have a great day. Take care of the rear gate of your M1009. I used this gate very hard and it still operates as good as new. Very tight and easy to operate. Oil and grease is the secret.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tow barred Terminus home 25 miles with a LT23575R15 on the right rear and a 31 10.5 X 15 on the left rear. I drove it today it seemed fine. Probably not enough to ruin it.
I don't see why towing/driving with different diameter tires would be so bad with a Gov-Lok. Sure, the spider gears get to turn a bit more than usual, but nothing compared to on vehicles with central axle disconnects in the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks