• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The EPA/DLA stoppage and where we stand and what we should do

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone on here that isn't a member of the MVPA is just silly or not in the know....... For a nominal fee, you get excellent magazines with great articles about our hobby, emails of events ect. Great pics of machinery we all drool on! Thanks for the great news!!!!! I told my wife get the check book ready, she said she has a headache.

M275Fan

Hey guys, I'm new to SS and just found this thread while checking the forums. This news aggravates me, as I wanted to et a Deuce as my first vehicle, bit not as a daily driver. I was going to make some sort of M275A3 Crew Cab style truck, but now it looks like that isn't going to happen. I feel like the DOD is just wasting time and money on this subject. In my short time on the forums and several Google searches, I have found that most guys rebuild or replace their engines with a compliant one, such as the Cummins 12 valve. This doesn't seem right to m young mind. Any input from veterans of the hobby on my views or my concept?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I'm new to SS and just found this thread while checking the forums. This news aggravates me, as I wanted to et a Deuce as my first vehicle, bit not as a daily driver. I was going to make some sort of M275A3 Crew Cab style truck, but now it looks like that isn't going to happen. I feel like the DOD is just wasting time and money on this subject. In my short time on the forums and several Google searches, I have found that most guys rebuild or replace their engines with a compliant one, such as the Cummins 12 valve. This doesn't seem right to m young mind. Any input from veterans of the hobby on my views or my concept?
Welcome to the site and go back and re-read this entire thread. It will cheer you up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucks, engines and generators. Just like the DLA press release said would happen around the 18th. Oh wait that is today... ;-)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone else is just waiting since the announcement from DLA on the 13th.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone is just happy and looking for ways to spend their money. I have no money therefor I can post.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm waiting for the next new thread to cover this because, this thread is way too long to read through.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm waiting for the next new thread to cover this because, this thread is way too long to read through.
Just start a new one on the exact same subject like 50 other people do!

Thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes to get us this information.

cooler heads have prevailed and I can buy more junk. All is right with the world... for now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto:

Thank you again for elucidating the issue. Now let us hope wisdom prevails. This is one of the very few times that "other" military vehicle society has done anything except polish their WWII and Korean era jeeps.
I appreciate the kind words but you simply aren't being fair to the MVPA - they're a lot more than WWII Jeeps.

This issue of Supply Line came this week and look at the cover:

20140818_211441[1].jpg

They've featured a lot more modern M-series stuff in the last few years and have definitely struck a more even balance between guys like me who like modern M-series stuff and guys like me who like WWII stuff.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct

We have thanked the appropriate parties involved and the stoppage is over for now and all is right with the world.

Closing

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm gonna break a rule and talk about an upcoming auction....

As you all know, GL is a major advertiser here. I'm very very happy to announce I just updated the ads here. There were 300 "green iron" items listed today.

:naner:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks