• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE JUSTIFIER Guntruck

vtdeucedriver

Great job on that Brandon. Did you have good pics of the exhaust to go by? When I talked with Charlie who drove Brutus, he is still in contact with the guy who changed the exhaust on it to go down below the fender. He is going to talk to him about braising mine together for me and I will ship him the pieces.

AMGeneral

Great job on that Brandon. Did you have good pics of the exhaust to go by? When I talked with Charlie who drove Brutus, he is still in contact with the guy who changed the exhaust on it to go down below the fender. He is going to talk to him about braising mine together for me and I will ship him the pieces.
I had several decent shots that had good close ups of the exhaust,I basically used a upper stack,2 ea 90 degree bends and it looks to be about a 45 deg bend to adapt to the turbo flange.

I actually stick welded all mine together with 3/32 7018 rods.

I should have the winch installed tomorrow evening.:tank:

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm afraid I MAY have mentioned on the Guntruck site that JUSTIFIER Guntruck MAY be at this years Gathering.:roll:

No pressure intended of course Brother AMG.:whistle:

AMGeneral

I'm afraid I MAY have mentioned on the Guntruck site that JUSTIFIER Guntruck MAY be at this years Gathering.:roll:

No pressure intended of course Brother AMG.:whistle:
No problem PB,I work well under pressure.

BTW,I received a call from our supplier at work,my door armor should be here this week or early next week.

vtdeucedriver

No problem PB,I work well under pressure.

BTW,I received a call from our supplier at work,my door armor should be here this week or early next week.
Hey Brandon............................try and sneak into the SS chat room about 7pm for some GT builders chat. Been talking with one GT owner about this and trying to get in touch with another.

AMGeneral

Not much to update this weekend,I had to cut and split wood for heat this weekend.

I did get the winch installed as well as the exhaust roughly installed in place to mock up the exhaust hangers as well as the connection to the turbo outlet flange.

I also got the door hinge pins/door armor support pins ready for door armor installation.

Just 2 pictures though.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Just curious: What kind of cable are you planning to wind onto the winch?
Well the winch cable will probably be the LAST thing I buy, since I have 3 5 tons that need winch cable(total of 800 feet).

I plan to use 5/8 in 6X19 EIPS wire core rope,the manual calls for fiber core,but that seems to be special order at most cable dealers anymore.

Last price I got was about $1000 for 560 feet,now with 3 winches needing cable,it'll probably be closer to $1500.

AMGeneral

Nothing much to update from this weekends work,I didn't like how the exhaust turned out,so I took it back off and re-welded it.

It looked and fit much better afterwards,now all that is left is to fabricate 2 supports to attach the exhaust to the fender supports.

I also did a little "tweaking" to the injection pump for a little added motivation for the added weight.

Amer-team

Are you scaling your conversion off pictures? It seems like these trucks are all fairly custom. You guys are causing my resolve to waver on keeping the M54A2 stock, even though it did time in the sandbox, and is still in original configuration.

AMGeneral

I finally got the exhaust finished and installed this evening.I added 2 supports for the exhaust pipe that were not on the original Justifier,but the manifold would probably crack under the weight.

For historical accuracy,everything is being stick welded or brazed vs using a wire welder.

a few pictures

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks