• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2023 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally).

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TIME is upon us
I guess me and you are the only ones goin to this thing ! Nobody seems fired up at all and this rally could easily become one to put in the books once we get it all nailed down ! We can turn this thing into WOODSTOCK 3 with a little help ! Book some live entertainment and food trucks / bikinis military truck wash from the girls at UT KNOXVILLE / green jello wrestling pit ! / have a night shoot like knob creek use to have ! /

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the prepping of two trucks it is hard to get on the forum. Once I arrive without blowing a tire or breaking something is the time to celebrate.
WERE UP TO 3 NOW !!!!! see in just a week or so we can be to 10 maybe 12 ! Ive got hope ! Come on folks get out of the house give your family the weekend off from you ! Scrounge up some parts and pieces to sale bring a tent and a folding chairs and a cooler you can do this thing on a small budget ! And put some faces with these people youve been typing too for years ! Get some fresh air in your lungs and if you dont like it you dont have to come back but if you give it a chance im sure well see ya again next year as well !

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, so a few things.

I'm still working on the shirts. I hope to have them there. Totally, 100% my fault, I just haven't had time to deal with this. Since 2020, I've worked 7 days a week and there just isn't enough time and I'm dealing with some me stuff (deaths in family, health issues, etc.).

Everything with Windrock is in place.

I do have a small problem: We have not had time to beat the bushes and look for sponsors this year. We still have Memphis onboard, but with Windrock costing $3K more than D-town, this has us in a pickle. Wasn't an issue last year, as we had some leftover nest egg cash.

In short, the rally is going to be about $2,500 short this year. I'm not going to cancel it and hang dozens of people out to dry who have this as their only main vacation. I think that'd be pretty unethical.

But I'm really not looking forward to taking on $2500 of credit card debt for the event, so if any attendees would like to sponsor the event or donate money, we would appreciate it quite a bit.

If you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you the info on how to help with the event.

Thanks!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, so a few things.

I'm still working on the shirts. I hope to have them there. Totally, 100% my fault, I just haven't had time to deal with this. Since 2020, I've worked 7 days a week and there just isn't enough time and I'm dealing with some me stuff (deaths in family, health issues, etc.).

I do have a small problem: We have not had time to beat the bushes and look for sponsors this year. We still have Memphis onboard, but with Windrock costing $3K more than D-town, this has us in a pickle. Wasn't an issue last year, as we had some leftover nest egg cash.

In short, the rally is going to be about $2,500 short this year. I'm not going to cancel it and hang dozens of people out to dry who have this as their only main vacation. I think that'd be pretty unethical.

But I'm really not looking forward to taking on $2500 of credit card debt for the event, so if any attendees would like to sponsor the event or donate money, we would appreciate it quite a bit.

If you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you the info on how to help with the event.

Thanks!
How about a go fund me account and a couple donation buckets ( like at the t-shirt booth) i bet with a great bunch like this by the 8th we can raise 2500 !!!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go fund me accounts charge a fee. I think it's much better to donate money directly so that 100% goes where we want it to go. I'll donate $100.00 at the event. I have attended most of the Georgia Rallys over the years and had a great time, every time. I have no problem helping out. Maybe we can also do a donation/sale like we did once at D-Town with the proceeds going to the rally.

BGR

We are still working to get everything together to go. We have been working on my deuce almost everyday but I don't think it will be ready. My buddy is putting new boards and tires on the trailer, just running out of time.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go fund me accounts charge a fee. I think it's much better to donate money directly so that 100% goes where we want it to go. I'll donate $100.00 at the event. I have attended most of the Georgia Rallys over the years and had a great time, every time. I have no problem helping out. Maybe we can also do a donation/sale like we did once at D-Town with the proceeds going to the rally.
Im with ya ! Everybody bring a part u dont need and sale it and donate that money should wipe the 2500 out quick !

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta work most of that week but I’ll be down either Friday after work or Saturday morning, in the 1084. I’ll definitely help in anyway I can.

TOWDOG

Planning to introduce my son to the SMV Rally at Windrock. Will bring some items to sell (106mm Recoilless Rifle - Mule items) and will be happy to donate part of what I make to the cause.
Thanks for putting this together!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll toss in a "C" note at the rally as well.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, so a few things.

Thanks!
Dont you worry none if i have to i will get some gals down at the truckstop to come up there and do a fundraiser out in the travel trailer !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks