• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Official m101-series-bed-on-a-pickup-truck pics thread

jamesfrom180

Instead of modifying a cover I was hoping to just find one of approximate the right size. I find its always easier that way. Yes a canvas shop could modify or even myself. I've worked on boat tops and have a friend with a canvas and leather sewing machine. I'm worried about changing the width of the box mainly since that would change bows and canvas. I'm looking for something approximately 3/4 the size of a M101-X:cool:

gavan

I am still around, just in the middle of the stuff no one cares about. Grinding, painting, welding, priming, rebuilding the IP, sending out the injectors, blah bah blah. None of it makes good pictures!

I will throw in a couple more pictures of mine, an in process pic of the bed on the fame, and a current picture of the Jeep. There is a Jeep in there, somewhere.....

Mine would be really easy to make a top for. All the bow holes are in the proper place, you would just need to move the front of the tarp back ~18 inches. Could not get any easier for a "fabrication project"!

Attachments

mslogr

I thought about shortnin up a 101 bed to fit a short wheelbase 74 model pickup. Any body have anything similar they have done with pics?

allrevup

There have been a few threads on this subject, here's one:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/54810-m1028-m101a2-bed-pic.html
The M101 bed is a perfect fit for a pick-up. We used the M101A3 bed for a few reasons:
1) More interior distance between fenders.
2) Larger fender flares.
3) I got 4 of the bodies new from GL.
Very nice truck & bed!
Would you post some photos of the rear (bumper and lights) and the under side (bed to rail)?
Thanks for your photos.

jesusgatos

I am still around, just in the middle of the stuff no one cares about. Grinding, painting, welding, priming, rebuilding the IP, sending out the injectors, blah bah blah. None of it makes good pictures!

I will throw in a couple more pictures of mine, an in process pic of the bed on the fame, and a current picture of the Jeep. There is a Jeep in there, somewhere.....

Mine would be really easy to make a top for. All the bow holes are in the proper place, you would just need to move the front of the tarp back ~18 inches. Could not get any easier for a "fabrication project"!
What is that? Never seen a frontend quite like that before.

jamesfrom180

Correct or rather CJ10a the CJ10 was a truck version that was exported. The CJ10A was a specialty built Airforce contract tug. 2 wheel drive short wheel base Gavan done a lot of work to what you see there.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garag...eBase&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=GoogleBase

Here is a thought, Gavan tried this but tank was too big, the above tank is smaller and would be about right. At 9MPG range of about 90 mi. I would still put a couple jerry cans mounted on the bed but I think this would be a pretty cool look to it. Some vehicles just don't have the space between the rails.

Last edited:

Sierra51

The cab and the cargo cover were done by overlaying a chunk of camo netting, spraying with rattle can, then moving the netting a little and spraying again with a different color....its been a while back so sun fade has set in....both will be re-done the match the bed....of which I just draped a 25' camo net over it and used the above described technique....the coloring came out better....this is going to be my work truck....and it is being set up to pull my M101A2....as well as some other things....Paul

MatthewH

Here's a couple of Dodge's I have converted to the M101 bed.
The first is a M887 i removed the SECM box from for a trailer and used a regular M101A1 box

The second is my dd, a '92 Dodge W250 CTD 4x4, I painted Strata Blue and used a M116A2 bed, for a "flatbed" style bed.

Attachments

koolex11

We used the M101A3 bed for a few reasons:
That is a nice looking build! That is the only finished one I have seen. Did the bed switch require retitling and is it street-legal?

Great idea for a thread. I love the hybrid builds. I love creativity!

Eastside

I have searched and searched, I am looking for the differences in the M101a3 and the M105. I know that they are weight rated differently. I mean physical dimensions wise. How wide is the 101 versus the 105. How long. I am wanting to put a MV trailer cargo bed onto my 1993 Ford F350 crew cab. Kinda like the DODGE truck pic on the first page of this thread. Who owns that truck? Is he a member on here?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks