• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Official m101-series-bed-on-a-pickup-truck pics thread

Eastside

The nearly 10' length doesn't bother me that much. What is the outside width of the 105? What are the inner dimensions of the cargo box on the 105 and the 101a2 and 101a3?

Eastside

Those dimensions have been compared and discussed many times. Would encourage you to search. You'll get a lot more help if you do some of your own homework.
I have tried this to no avail(the search function is not working for me right now). I am sure that it has been discussed and re discussed a million times, but I am having a hard(impossible) time finding it right now.

alpancheri

Im trying to figure out if i can modify an m101 to fit on a f 150 super cab, 85"x75" bed, i figure i could cut 15" off the front end and weld a new wall on there. But lining up the wheel wells concerns me. Any tips?

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
I have a 60 Travelette (body only) that I was going to use for a 4 door bobber project (now shelved).
Ahem. I hate to start an argument, but...

That's not a '60 Travelette. I'd need to see the grille to know what year for certain, but IH didn't add a driver's side rear door to the Travelettes untill the C series later on in the '60s. The A series (1957-'58) and B series (1959-'60 for the small stuff, up to '62 for the big stuff) were three door Travelettes. I own a '60 B series 122 and a '62 B series 182.

Besides, the shape and line of the front fender and hood gives that away as a C series. I've seen entirely too many of them to not recognize it right off. That one's a 100/1000 or 110/1100 model. Five lugs, half ton. Can't see the front axle to tell if it's IFS (100 or 1000) or solid I-beam (110 or 1100). I used to have a '65 D1200 and a '66 1500A, both long gone now.

I still have a pair of D series trucks: '72 TravelAll 1010 4x2 and a '72 TravelAll 1200 4x4. And a '70 Scout 800A 4x4.

That one looks to be in pretty rough shape. What engine and transmission are in that? I'd guess the Black Diamond 240, but I suppose it could be a SV266 or SV304 as well. I'd also bet my bottom dollar that's got a T98 4-speed though. One of the most bullet-proof transmissions I've ever driven.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks