• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little house warming gift for your new build ! They both love romantic walks on the beach and camping on the beach so i gave them your email since they already live in corpus ! No need to thank me now just let us know how the 3 of you get along !

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
One had something on. The other, not.

Quote from the rules:

Conduct:
SteelSoldiers.Com is designed to be a family-friendly and clean website. The forum discussions can be lively and informative without degrading into vulgarity. As a registered SteelSoldiers.Com member, it is your responsibility to make sure that you

DO NOTs:
• Do not post or link to material that is considered sexually explicit,

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Quote from the rules:

Conduct:
SteelSoldiers.Com is designed to be a family-friendly and clean website. The forum discussions can be lively and informative without degrading into vulgarity. As a registered SteelSoldiers.Com member, it is your responsibility to make sure that you

DO NOTs:
Both girls only had their belly /midriff showing ?????

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Quote from the rules:

Conduct:

DO NOTs:
Im pretty sure nobody could see anything.
Really...
Even if you wanted to.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guyfang said someone else could use this space since the owner has abandoned it ! Someone said he ran off in the middle of the night some time back said the law was looking for him ! Says theres been some complaints about screaming in the middle of the night around here ! Says they found a dungeon under the house with chains bolted to the walls ! display-of-metallic-medieval-torture-head-restraints-2HX9KY8.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We call it "the bunker".

They are down there staying safe until the radiation levels outside die down enough to return to the surface so we an repopulate the Earth.
Oh yea thats an old one ! Good thinking they always identify with their captors when they feel safe !!!!! Stockholm Syndrome ! And thats awful nice of you to take time out to repopulate with them like that ! I hope your using the lmtv for that part so you can share that on your build page ! I was sponsored by Trojan years ago for my high level of Speed Dating and i actually found one of the old rappers in a shaving kit from years back brought back fond memoriesB65BA397-9B32-479E-BCF9-FEE274468D8B.jpeg4E3C3EB0-2D4F-44DC-83FD-8E168FACF31F.jpeg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the wall standoffs cut and mocked up. Still need to do the rivnuts behind it, then drop my electrical outlets, and finally pull it all apart for paint. Had to use 15" centers 9opposed to the standard 16"). All three sections I had to make were 90" so it was just easier to bring the studs in to 15".

Was rained out several days this week so surprised I got any work done (my saws and stuff are all outdoor use as the garage is full of build junk).

More rain in the weekend forecast so painting may be on hold if it comes. Funny, we were 12" below normal for the year and we got 12" of rain the past week (not uncommon nor climate change BS, the tropical season is when we get it).

But I'm getting closer. I have my insulation sheets on site but not my actual wall paneling. Really wanting to get the walls done, though so I can start bolting things down. I've completely missed my build window of trying to be fishing after Labor Day weekend. I'm a month out at this rate.

View attachment 878110
Gather round folks and look at this blast from the past ! Way back when your grand parents were still wearing shorts there was a man building this camper down Texas way near the Rio Grand and he would take a break from shootin at the indians and banditos and work on his( moving tent ) project but was easily distracted by the bronzed skin she devils that haunted the near by beaches seeking out old tired cowboys to sink their talons into to by making them smoke the peace pipe and drink of the ignorant oil to slow their building progress so beware of the sandy footed demons near the gulf of Mexico they will steal your mojo and leave you lifeless !!!!!

Third From Texas

I got in the stuff for the cab sound/thermal install. Got in a couple radios (CB, HAM, GRMS) and a couple fiberglass whips. Laying out the plans for the front overhead console. Need to get the stereo, amps, and speakers ordered so I can do the interior mockup.

I have the habitat ceiling prepped for paint but I need to do some sanding. I need to go thru the existing electrical in the hab and delete a few wires, add a few runs, add two dropdowns/junctions. I'm that close to being able to start the build (I just need the ceiling done). But there's a LOT of heavy lifting at that point, so I'm dead in the water (until the doctors sort out what going on with this crushed/ruptured disc in my back).

Third From Texas

So many of the things I intended to purchase for the build are not available since the pandemic.

I went to order a bunch of Dynamat stuff, but most of what I needed isn't in stock anywhere.

I need a tapered-shaft 6KW generator head. Haven't found any new in stock after three years of looking.

About 1/3 of the stuff I had "bookmarked" in Amazon by placing them in my cart are out of stock.

The 9-pin diagnostic gizmo I was going to use to pipe my ECM info to the dash monitor has been out of stock for ages.

There must still be miles of container ships parked somewhere....

I don't know when (or if) this country (or the world) is ever going to get back on track. There are things I haven't seen in the grocery store for years.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got in the stuff for the cab sound/thermal install. Got in a couple radios (CB, HAM, GRMS) and a couple fiberglass whips. Laying out the plans for the front overhead console. Need to get the stereo, amps, and speakers ordered so I can do the interior mockup.

I have the habitat ceiling prepped for paint but I need to do some sanding. I need to go thru the existing electrical in the hab and delete a few wires, add a few runs, add two dropdowns/junctions. I'm that close to being able to start the build (I just need the ceiling done). But there's a LOT of heavy lifting at that point, so I'm dead in the water (until the doctors sort out what going on with this crushed/ruptured disc in my back).
Are you going to tun 102 fiberglass or shorter ones you had said something about bolting them to the roof racks

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So many of the things I intended to purchase for the build are not available since the pandemic.

I went to order a bunch of Dynamat stuff, but most of what I needed isn't in stock anywhere.

I need a tapered-shaft 6KW generator head. Haven't found any new in stock after three years of looking.

About 1/3 of the stuff I had "bookmarked" in Amazon by placing them in my cart are out of stock.

The 9-pin diagnostic gizmo I was going to use to pipe my ECM info to the dash monitor has been out of stock for ages.

There must still be miles of container ships parked somewhere....

I don't know when (or if) this country (or the world) is ever going to get back on track. There are things I haven't seen in the grocery store for years.
Whats goin to drive the 6 kw head ? And i used HEATSHEILDPRODUCTS you might check them out to compare prices and when i got banged up i got the 99 bucks a year walmart unlimited delivery deal for groceries and thats the best money ive spent lately maybe i will never have to go back in there again cause im not scaning sheit or baggin groceries they bring it to my door and that keeps my blood pressure down lol

Third From Texas

Are you going to tun 102 fiberglass or shorter ones you had said something about bolting them to the roof racks
I just got a cheap set of 4' fiberglass trucker whips for now, I bolted them to the A1R grab rail that goes up and over the side windows. I'm not a huge fan of dual phase antennas but they were a cheap solution for now. I added HD ss springs to each antenna (because they will hit trees).

Yeah, I need to start looking at tubing benders and finalize my cab rack. There will be a lot of antennas up there. LOL

Plus I have all those Ibis Tek lights to mount on the rack. I need to come up with a clever design to cage the remote searchlights (those things are pretty tall).

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Whats goin to drive the 6 kw head ? And i used HEATSHEILDPRODUCTS you might check them out to compare prices and when i got banged up i got the 99 bucks a year walmart unlimited delivery deal for groceries and thats the best money ive spent lately maybe i will never have to go back in there again cause im not scaning sheit or baggin groceries they bring it to my door and that keeps my blood pressure down lol

78297136_10215585396218531_2752918958351843328_o.jpg

I have a 10hp Yanmar that was a 24v battery charger. I pulled the alternator head off it and put a 6KW Northstar generator head on it. Worked great for a couple years (only had 50 hours on it and was only run for short duration). The generator head died a nasty death during the big Texas freeze a couple years back. By the time I was ready to replace it, COVID hit and the world stopped. I'll find a replacement head (or look into rebuilding this one) someday.

Until then I 've been toting around a little 6KW Westinghouse that's a little brute.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks