• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires for M1009

TyJustice

BFG TA/KO's all the way!

I would agree with this suggestion as well. Good all around tire...But...

I installed a set on my other 09 I use for a hunting rig, but had to remove them after my first trip down 30+ miles of gravel road. The tire tread pattern picks up a ton of rocks and slams them against the uninsulated sheet metal of the 09.

I had to put on my hearing protection, because I was about to go insane.

combatmech

They do pick up and kick out a lot of rocks..... I used a spray on rubberized coating in the fender wells. The noise is not as bad...still gets your attention though.
I've put 11,000 miles on mine and they show little wear. I drive about 80% on the highway/streets. Thats Norfolk/Va Beach roads, which might as well be off-road because of all the pot holes and bad road repairs. My GTO takes a beating....thats why I dont drive it much around here.

45FMJoe

My 1009 has a brand new set of 31" Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on it. So I figure I paid $1200 for the tires and got a truck to go with them. :D

CycleJay

Hi,

I just checked the price on those Silent Armor tires at my local goodyear dealer..

$934.00 out the door for a set of 4.. Ouch!!

For THAT much, they better be bullet proof.. LOL..

chevyCUCV

Falken Wildpeak all the way
Great on the road and lots or traction off road.

They have been doing very well at the off road events lately, all on the wildpeak.

The General Grabber AT2's are nice tires. My dad had a set on his old Xterra and they rode nice and handled snow and the occasional trip offroad well. And they're cheap too. $132 ea. for 31x10.5 on Tirerack (cheapest All-terrain on there)... $168 for 33x12.5

cptd

Am I just lloking in the wrong places? Everywhere I look for tires for my new M1009 (size 315/75R16) as direct replacements for what are on there, I am looking at over $200 per tire.

What options do I have? Please help.

CPTD

epitts

Am I just lloking in the wrong places? Everywhere I look for tires for my new M1009 (size 315/75R16) as direct replacements for what are on there, I am looking at over $200 per tire.

What options do I have? Please help.

CPTD
The stock tires are 15 inch if you are looking at 16" have your rims been updated?

indy4x4fab

Banned
Here's a picture of the tire's we put on my wife's truck (1986 dodge Ramcharger, dodge's version of the m1009) about 4 years ago now, have done great have just about 45000 miles on them and they will be replaced before next winter but they have gotten us threw 2 foot snow drifts and never stuttered or gotten us stuck. And at 120 a tire we couldn't ask for a better bang for our buck. Definity Dakota M/T at pepboys.

Tire Details Definity Dakota M/T | Pep Boys

jmassenga

I have 31x10.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's on my 1009. I LOVE THEM! They are great for all weather conditions and stick to the road like glue. This truck is my daily driver. They've gotten me out of some tight spots around town. They have a nice road hum at speed but it's not overpowering or annoying. It's not too bad with the truck at 70 MPH either. I highly recommend these tires.

I have the Goodyear DuraTracs in a 33x12.5x15 on my M1009, and couldn't be happier. They perform quite well.

cptd

To be honest, I am deployed and we have not taken delivery of the truck so I can't tell you. I do know what was listed on the sale and what the vehicle inspector noted as the size.

I am really looking for options that may not cost $200 plus per tire. This will be a daily driver for me when I return home, and I want to be able to wheel on the weekends.

Thanks,

CPTD

To be honest, I am deployed and we have not taken delivery of the truck so I can't tell you. I do know what was listed on the sale and what the vehicle inspector noted as the size.

I am really looking for options that may not cost $200 plus per tire. This will be a daily driver for me when I return home, and I want to be able to wheel on the weekends.

Thanks,

CPTD
315/75R16 tires are about 34.6" x 12.4" tires (The tires in my avatar are 35' x 12.5" ...the actual measured-size is right at 34"). I doubt you will find many 315/75R16's for less than $200...for whatever reason 16" tires are a little more expensive than their the same-sized 15" counterparts.

However, 305/70R16 and 285/75R16's are both 33" diameter tires. 285's are 11.2" wide and 305's are 12.0" wide.

285/75R16's are much cheaper ($160-190ea.), and have many more options.

Tirerack search results: 285/75R16

305/70R16's have half the amount of tires and the only one cheaper than $200 is the General Grabber AT-2 and that's $197ea.

Sears, Tires Unlimited or Tires Plus might not be bad to look at either if they have a Buy 3 Get One Free sale going on.

bshupe

Thanks,

CPTD
Where did you get/come up with the paint scheme in your avatar?

sierrajcharlie

The General Grabber AT2's are nice tires. My dad had a set on his old Xterra and they rode nice and handled snow and the occasional trip offroad well. And they're cheap too. $132 ea. for 31x10.5 on Tirerack (cheapest All-terrain on there)... $168 for 33x12.5
I just got back from getting the General Grabber AT/S's 31x10.5x15's put on my 09. I had priced them around and Tirerack was $132ea but shipping would of cost me another $140. So I ordered them site to store at Wally for cheaper than that. The price includes mounting but lifetime balancing was extra. My son has them on his pickup and a friend has them on his S10 Blazer and had nothing but good to say about them. They drove them thru the winter and got around really well.
Just in the trip home they are LOTS better than the ones I took off. I'm pretty sure now I had belts shifting in at least one of the old tires. Much quieter and no more "squirmy" feeling going down the road. :-D Just my2cents

edpdx

gd treadwright.jpg

Guard Dog retread from Treadwright.com"

Guard Dog (formerly MTG): The Guard Dog is an On/Off-Road Maximum Traction tire developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who desire the looks and performance associated with rugged, off-road driving. Guard Dog Combines a uniform center lug pattern for better wear with a wider and more open outer lug pattern for maximum off-road traction.
$105-115 each -retreads on BF Goodrich A/T cases all matching. Excellent customer service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks