• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Title transfer problems!! please help!

Bobweb

hello all,

I am a new member from Naples, Florida. Yesterday I purchased a 1989 AMGE m35a2 from a friend. we went to the DMV to do the title switch from his name to mine, and they rejected the switch. We asked why and she said we need to drive to palmetto, fl and have the vehicle "inspected". So I made a phone call before I drove this thing all the way up there on a temp tag from DMV and the lady in palmetto says they WILL NOT license a military vehicle to be driven on the road. they are to be OFFROAD only. Now, my friend who is selling said he had to do none of this in 2017 when he purchased the deuce from another person. I can't seem to find any answers, but now I have paid for a vehicle I apparently cannot license. any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks-rob
IMG_20180913_182126.jpg

Bobweb

Thanks for the reply’s fellas, I am currently waiting on a call back from a nice gentleman from flhmv office in Tallahassee. He seems to believe I was dealt some very bad misinformation on a local level from some less than smart dmv employees. He said he will do some digging and call me back. I’ll post how it goes.

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please keep us apprised on this process, getting ready to pickup an M35A2 in Florida and would like to be up to date on the registration process.

Bobweb

Update:

My friend who is selling to me spoke with Tallahassee. As of 5 mins ago, he is getting passed up the chain once more to someone else. Personally, I feel like they don’t want any military equipment in civilian hands- which is why I can’t get a straight answer from anyone on why this vehicle is not road worthy. They are using the “doesn’t meet emissions standards” excuse but I’m not going to knuckle under to these tyrants. Will update ASAP

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't make a long trip until you are sure it will be beneficial. If the title is frozen the local office may not be able to help you.

Next time you talk to Tallahassee, ask for the statute that says that you can't title your vehicle. You can ask them if the truck can't be titled, why does this statute say I can get a permanent tag? If they say it has changed, ask where you can find the info that says that.

This is the statute that refers to licensing ex-military vehicles. Statute 320.086

You just have to get to someone that knows the law. I've had to take the statute and the procedure for issuing the tag, regular or permanent, to help educate the people at the local office since they don't do this very often.

The procedure is RS-25. Get it here. RS-25

As I understand it, the reason you have to take the vehicle to a local office is so they can verify it is an ex-military vehicle in the case of issuing a permanent tag. Your truck looks original, so they can't say it has been altered if that's what you want to do.

Good luck

Bobweb

Don't make a long trip until you are sure it will be beneficial. If the title is frozen the local office may not be able to help you.

Next time you talk to Tallahassee, ask for the statute that says that you can't title your vehicle. You can ask them if the truck can't be titled, why does this statute say I can get a permanent tag? If they say it has changed, ask where you can find the info that says that.

This is the statute that refers to licensing ex-military vehicles. Statute 320.086

You just have to get to someone that knows the law. I've had to take the statute and the procedure for issuing the tag, regular or permanent, to help educate the people at the local office since they don't do this very often.

The procedure is RS-25. Get it here. RS-25

As I understand it, the reason you have to take the vehicle to a local office is so they can verify it is an ex-military vehicle in the case of issuing a permanent tag. Your truck looks original, so they can't say it has been altered if that's what you want to do.

Good luck
Thank you tow4!

it is completely stock. I appreciate all you guys with your knowledge. I am also in contact First Florida Chapter of the military vehicle preservation society. The president has been very helpful as well.

Bobweb

If you want to pm me a copy of the title, I will call the office here and see what the title status is. I know the tax collector personally. I'll ask him if he sees any issues with tagging your vehicle.
Sure will, I’ll be home in an hour and I’ll scan and send to you. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Russ, I tried to send to that account and it is failing to send. Is there another email account I can send to or is there a way to pm you? I’m new to this set up and not very good with computers. Have the copy ready to send
Can you message me through the board here?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks