• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Title transfer problems!! please help!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M929 had a 9 digit vin and a regular FL title. It had a perment antique tag. I sold it a few months ago.

I don't think any of my trucks with the possible exception of my M1028A2 had/have a 17 digit vin/serial number.

JD4044M

My M1078 had a brand new Florida title the seller got after buying it from the government. He had no problem doing it. I just took that title to the Washington State DMV and transferred it into my name in less the 10 minuets. Even got my Disabled Veteran Plates assigned to it. They(WA) called it a commercial vehicle due to the weight but no CDL is required to drive it. I just took the plates off my Dodge and bought new plates for it that cost $129.00 a year now. The M1078 will never need tabs or fees again with it's Disabled Vet plates.

Mine has a 10 digit Vin Number The Florida Title said "Privet Use"

Last edited:

Bobweb

It’s strange that they are making this so hard for me. They keep saying that my truck (9digit vin) was never intended to be on the road. I said, well it’s got lights, brakes, signals.....everything any other street legal truck has. I guess the 9 digit vin makes it un-drivable.

anyways the attorney sunk his teeth into this so he’s gonna try to go to the Perry Dmv and get it worked out and if they won’t play ball then he’s filling paperwork for an unlawful act. I’ll keep you all posted.

Bobweb

Good afternoon all,

after 6 months of bs I finally have a title and registration in my name! I drove it to work today and it felt awesome.

if anyone has any problems, I would be more than happy to help. I’ve learned a lot about our legislative process in Florida and might be of assistance. There is far to much that went into this to type it all on this forum, so pm me with any questions. Thanks for all of your help and guidance through this process. Here is a pic of Irma in the picayune2145BA88-5E34-42ED-AB01-1D0CC3D55E50.jpeg

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They gave you a lot of unnecessary grief. It took me less than a week once I got the Tax Collector here pointed in the right direction.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of tag did you get? Must have gotten a weighted tag for every day use. My title is what they are calling branded with the words former military on it and a brown former military tag. Yes I am so called limited use and I do not drive them very often. If I do hook up the tractor and trailer I am going to a get together or my other property. I wanted the blue antique tag limited use for my 1088 but they said I have to get the truck inspected and branded title with the former military tag. I do not want to pay the weighted tag and high insurance cost that come with a regular tag. Yes if I want to trade my former military limited use tag in and get a weighted tag I still could but never will. Now I have the blue antique limited use tag on the M37 and I will drive it around to do my shopping. My insurance with the 915A2 and the 1088 tractor plus the M37 and my 373A2 semi trailer for all is 550.00 a year. I am happy with that. Well have fun just be care full even a Deuce can snap a telephone pole and walk over most cars.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks