• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To lift a M1009

mrlippy

i just had this done by my friend in glendora, maybe he can help you. he's very reasonable, works out of his house after work. tis is a 6" pro comp an so far i love it! super sweet lookin and ride's bitchen. i went with single shocks and a single steering stabilizer. first dez run was cool with it, going to the mountains this weekend......the only thing we had make sure from pro comp was matching the right parts with the 6 lug, 3/4 axles for the k5. so far, so good!
i did have to legthen the drive shaft for the 6" lift and i have to put steps on it as it is a lil 'tuff' to get in and out of it.... i have a slight vibration in the draftshaft at low rpm take speed. not very noticable, but still there. any ideas?.......so far i had a shop tell $600 and 'maybe' it will be gone...hmm.....

Attachments

burbn10

i just had this done by my friend in glendora, maybe he can help you. he's very reasonable, works out of his house after work. tis is a 6" pro comp an so far i love it! super sweet lookin and ride's bitchen. i went with single shocks and a single steering stabilizer. first dez run was cool with it, going to the mountains this weekend......the only thing we had make sure from pro comp was matching the right parts with the 6 lug, 3/4 axles for the k5. so far, so good!
i did have to legthen the drive shaft for the 6" lift and i have to put steps on it as it is a lil 'tuff' to get in and out of it.... i have a slight vibration in the draftshaft at low rpm take speed. not very noticable, but still there. any ideas?.......so far i had a shop tell $600 and 'maybe' it will be gone...hmm.....
Did you check your driveshaft angles? Optimum angle should be within 2 degrees of each other at the transfer case and the axle. May have to shim your axles or drop your transfer case a bit. Or could be a lousy U-joint...

seabee mike

If you are still around, What size tires do you have? ow well does it brake?

alpm3

bushwacker makes a set of fender cut out flares that will let u run 35-36 in tires with no lift
ran a set on a 87 ranger 35s fit no prob

DokWatson

Lift 'kits' are over priced... half of it is paying for the sticker that says 'procomp' like its some sort of compensation badge. You can do it for less money and just as good, if not stronger. Would be happy to discuss other potential options if you send me a PM.

CUCV85

.:beer:Just did a 4 inch in the m1009.
3 guys 4 hours of on and off actual work ha ha
311.00 "4 inch Complete Kit"
Rough Country, Jc Whitney
Comes with 4 new heckelthorn shocks, dropped pitman arm
- order 4 boots for shocks kit doesn't come with them!?
New Leafs came for the front and 4 inch blocks for the rear,
which are fine. My ride is awesome,
kind of wish I went with a 2 inch, I'm 6 foot tall
with no steps so a launch every time getting in!
Soon adding some small discrete steps.
Wife is complaining!
I should have ordered the rear leafs
to match the front then it'd be TOTALLY complete.
I am very happy with the lift in general
especially the front, weight of motor
and off-roading over 25 years takes a toll
on these front springs especially.
What a difference going from 3 darn near flat springs
to 5 with a high arch...[thumbzup]
I have new 33 12.50 BFG AT KO tires 160/ea. (GREAT 50k tires on/off road)
I was running on stock setup with minor fender trim.
I will run till dead and replace with 35 12.50 AT's .

Last edited:

Anubis8472

4" rough country on ebay with shocks, springs, pitman arm, and blocks in the back 340. ORD will end up 730. Apples to oranges I agree, and I would prefer the shackle reversal to the blocks, and I know it is supposed to be better quality, but 400 dollars better?
No doubt, I'm looking at the same kit.
ORD's options are over 1k.
I'm not realy interested in a shackle flip, my rear springs have that "used and abused" look to them.

So I'm looking at the kit you describe, and then finding a set of 4" lift rear springs for a decent price .....
.......still looking...

I've seen someone describe a pro-comp 4" all springs kit, but I'm only able to find blocks. Do they no longer offer springs all the way around?

Last edited:

paramilusmc

After everything read, I think I am happy with mine the way it is. Looks good with the 33 inch tires on it.

To much stuff involved to just up and change its center of gravity.

Tulsafireman

After all the reading here and elsewhere, I'm going with the Rough Country 4" 3/4 ton lift kit with the upgraded shocks and 52" rear replacement springs for my M1009 to be able to run the 37X12.50 16.5 hummer MT's on Pro Comp Steel Black 16.5 in. x 8.25 in., 6 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.00 in. Backspace wheels. Hope I'm not screwing the proverbial pooch. Guess we'll see. I'll let you guys know how it goes and post pics later.....

vinny-socom1

After all the reading here and elsewhere, I'm going with the Rough Country 4" 3/4 ton lift kit with the upgraded shocks and 52" rear replacement springs for my M1009 to be able to run the 37X12.50 16.5 hummer MT's on Pro Comp Steel Black 16.5 in. x 8.25 in., 6 x 5.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.00 in. Backspace wheels. Hope I'm not screwing the proverbial pooch. Guess we'll see. I'll let you guys know how it goes and post pics later.....

please post up pics and if any problems, I was thinking the same thing but a 6" lift.

Vinny

Tulsafireman

Was thinking about going 6" but thought it would be too tall and have seen the 37's under a 4" on here. Lift kit is on its way. Will post before and after pics.

Tulsafireman

I can see where you might need to trim some for serious offroading but this is just my back and forth to work when the weather is bad truck. Thx for the heads up guys. I'll let ya know...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks