• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toolbox

I am glad you are having no problems with your tool box. I also think the cutouts to keep tools in place is a great idea. But as you have had no problems I did. most people will load there toolboxes much heaver than what you have in your pictures. all i can say is my experience is different than yours. The drawer that usually fails first is the bottom because of how much weight you can accumulate in it. putting a plywood spacer under it so when its closed the weight is off the drawer guides will help. A tip just in case any one else has the problems I did.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am glad you are having no problems with your tool box. I also think the cutouts to keep tools in place is a great idea. But as you have had no problems I did. most people will load there toolboxes much heaver than what you have in your pictures. all i can say is my experience is different than yours. The drawer that usually fails first is the bottom because of how much weight you can accumulate in it. putting a plywood spacer under it so when its closed the weight is off the drawer guides will help. A tip just in case any one else has the problems I did.
My bottom drawer IS loaded much heavier than in the year old pics. I'll post a new one up tonight. At 40-80 dollars each, I can buy a lot of these boxes instead of a high dollar one.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple pics of the bottom drawer. Probably more than should be in it, but it's a handy spot to stash stuff. No problems in over a year now.

Attachments

Bighurt

99% of people don't need common sense.
99% of people today don't have common sense, which is why I now refer to it as uncommon sense. As we are now the minority, we being those with common sense.

Of course sense is purely based on your perspective, I try and look at things logically but it seams logic is even tougher to grasp than common sense.

For the record one of my favorite things to do is confuse people... lack of common sense increase my success.

Back to the thread how did you cut out the foam for your tools we use a few techniques at work but most are not very professional...LOL

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to the thread how did you cut out the foam for your tools we use a few techniques at work but most are not very professional...LOL
I traced the tools with a sharpie and then used the knife that comes with the kit. Any good razor blade with do though.

The kits comes with some sticky paper to put on the foam to make the tracing easier - don't use it, it's crap.

I think I used 1 or 2 kits of foam. Pretty cheap.

Bighurt

I traced the tools with a sharpie and then used the knife that comes with the kit. Any good razor blade with do though.

The kits comes with some sticky paper to put on the foam to make the tracing easier - don't use it, it's crap.

I think I used 1 or 2 kits of foam. Pretty cheap.
DO you remember the nominal size, I have the bigger professional boxes doesn't look like they are that big.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO you remember the nominal size, I have the bigger professional boxes doesn't look like they are that big.
The size of the foam? Sears only makes one size that I know of. It has to be cut down to fit.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35 Custom Toolbox install

No matter how well or how poorly a game is played. Monday will reveal all the pseudo-quarterbacks who want to upgrade, degrade, regrade, or debunk what the real quarterback did in the game without considering the fact that it was not they who actually quarterbacked the game.

Your idea was superb, your offering of an inexpensive way to accomplish the toolbox install was also superb Constructive criticism is always welcome, the rest of the garbage is akin to penis envy.

I am not fond of China's politics and trade violations however, It is very difficult to avoid buying something that is not made in China anymore. It used to be that way post WWII with products "Made in Japan") Hopefully the U.S.A. will do something to encourage the return of manufacturing companies lost to other countries.

Just my three cents....

Last edited:

Eliteweapons

I am thinking of fabbing up an aluminum diamond plate box for that same location. I am in Maryland and we get tons of rain, mud, and snow here so I will make a valiant effort to water proof it.

Yes I know its an old post but its a good one.

"The search is strong with this one!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks