• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailering a M37

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you aren't trying to stay strictly military, I would recommend something like I have. This one happens to be a 20 foot tilt deck (had ramps added later), dual 6k torsion axles, but there are a plethora of configurations.

The key is the hitch. It's an adjustable height hitch, that allows me to swap out the ball hitch coupler for a pintle ring. I can pulliy with my duramax or my 5 ton.

Then swap the regular lights out for LEDs that can accommodate 12-24 vdc. Just have to build an adapter the hook my 7 pin wiring connector to the military one on the 5 ton.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you aren't trying to stay strictly military, I would recommend something like I have. This one happens to be a 20 foot tilt deck (had ramps added later), dual 6k torsion axles, but there are a plethora of configurations.

The key is the hitch. It's an adjustable height hitch, that allows me to swap out the ball hitch coupler for a pintle ring. I can pulliy with my duramax or my 5 ton.

Then swap the regular lights out for LEDs that can accommodate 12-24 vdc. Just have to build an adapter the hook my 7 pin wiring connector to the military one on the 5 ton.
That's AWESOME! As noted upthread, I believe there are adapters commercially available.

CGarbee

I purchased a TR100 some years ago to use as a hauler for my M38 and M37... It's similar to the M1061 except that it has a height adjustable lunette ring and full air brakes... It is for sale...

My current "go to" trailer for hauling the M37, M38, and Yukon, behind my M931 or XM813 is a Kaufman tilt deck that I scored from a neighbor... I do have the conversion box mounted to the trailer for the lights (24 to 12v) and have installed a brake controller in each truck (easier than converting the trailer since it also does duty behind a Dodge 3500...). The trailer came with a height adjustable hitch, but the previous owner had spec'ed it a tad low, so I fabricated an adapter to get the lunette ring a bit higher...

I have also flat towed M37s all over behind my XM813 or (previously) the M35A2C...using the medium military towbar... The M37s all behaved nicely, however, my XM708 behaves like a B****...

Attachments

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased a TR100 some years ago to use as a hauler for my M38 and M37... It's similar to the M1061 except that it has a height adjustable lunette ring and full air brakes... It is for sale...

My current "go to" trailer for hauling the M37, M38, and Yukon, behind my M931 or XM813 is a Kaufman tilt deck that I scored from a neighbor... I do have the conversion box mounted to the trailer for the lights (24 to 12v) and have installed a brake controller in each truck (easier than converting the trailer since it also does duty behind a Dodge 3500...). The trailer came with a height adjustable hitch, but the previous owner had spec'ed it a tad low, so I fabricated an adapter to get the lunette ring a bit higher...

I have also flat towed M37s all over behind my XM813 or (previously) the M35A2C...using the medium military towbar... The M37s all behaved nicely, however, my XM708 behaves like a B****...
So... if a feller was interested in purchasing this... could you maybe PM him a price?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks