• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailering a M37

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you aren't trying to stay strictly military, I would recommend something like I have. This one happens to be a 20 foot tilt deck (had ramps added later), dual 6k torsion axles, but there are a plethora of configurations.

The key is the hitch. It's an adjustable height hitch, that allows me to swap out the ball hitch coupler for a pintle ring. I can pulliy with my duramax or my 5 ton.

Then swap the regular lights out for LEDs that can accommodate 12-24 vdc. Just have to build an adapter the hook my 7 pin wiring connector to the military one on the 5 ton.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you aren't trying to stay strictly military, I would recommend something like I have. This one happens to be a 20 foot tilt deck (had ramps added later), dual 6k torsion axles, but there are a plethora of configurations.

The key is the hitch. It's an adjustable height hitch, that allows me to swap out the ball hitch coupler for a pintle ring. I can pulliy with my duramax or my 5 ton.

Then swap the regular lights out for LEDs that can accommodate 12-24 vdc. Just have to build an adapter the hook my 7 pin wiring connector to the military one on the 5 ton.
That's AWESOME! As noted upthread, I believe there are adapters commercially available.

CGarbee

I purchased a TR100 some years ago to use as a hauler for my M38 and M37... It's similar to the M1061 except that it has a height adjustable lunette ring and full air brakes... It is for sale...

My current "go to" trailer for hauling the M37, M38, and Yukon, behind my M931 or XM813 is a Kaufman tilt deck that I scored from a neighbor... I do have the conversion box mounted to the trailer for the lights (24 to 12v) and have installed a brake controller in each truck (easier than converting the trailer since it also does duty behind a Dodge 3500...). The trailer came with a height adjustable hitch, but the previous owner had spec'ed it a tad low, so I fabricated an adapter to get the lunette ring a bit higher...

I have also flat towed M37s all over behind my XM813 or (previously) the M35A2C...using the medium military towbar... The M37s all behaved nicely, however, my XM708 behaves like a B****...

Attachments

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased a TR100 some years ago to use as a hauler for my M38 and M37... It's similar to the M1061 except that it has a height adjustable lunette ring and full air brakes... It is for sale...

My current "go to" trailer for hauling the M37, M38, and Yukon, behind my M931 or XM813 is a Kaufman tilt deck that I scored from a neighbor... I do have the conversion box mounted to the trailer for the lights (24 to 12v) and have installed a brake controller in each truck (easier than converting the trailer since it also does duty behind a Dodge 3500...). The trailer came with a height adjustable hitch, but the previous owner had spec'ed it a tad low, so I fabricated an adapter to get the lunette ring a bit higher...

I have also flat towed M37s all over behind my XM813 or (previously) the M35A2C...using the medium military towbar... The M37s all behaved nicely, however, my XM708 behaves like a B****...
So... if a feller was interested in purchasing this... could you maybe PM him a price?