• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Rally at Elephant Butte NM October 27th

NMSMITTY

Trying to get folks in the New Mexico, Texas, anywhere to come to Elephant Butte Lake October the 27th for a truck Rally/Get together for a weekend of fun and camping at the lake. Just started getting the word out so no real firm details. One group - Elephant Butte 5 tons https://www.facebook.com/ElephantButte5Tons - on Facebook is where info will be posted as of right now. I figured that I would spread the word here as well. If you have questions or need info I can try to answer and help or direct you to who can. We know there are about 40 trucks at or around the lake from Deuces up to the 20 ton, modified and stock, and would love to see all of them on the beach at once.
Hope this interest folks

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go NM Smitty.[thumbzup]
Thanx for spear heading this event.
Looks like a great local for an MV outing.
Wish I was closer. 24hr civy vehicle drive each way.
Heck I wish I was closer to the folks in WA State.

Dukeman

I will be there with the deuce and the 5 ton. I will pass the word along to other Butte friends. Also, on December 8th 2012, the annual Butte Light parade will take place. If you have never been down there for that event it is a blast. It would be fun to decorate a bunch of trucks and participate.

NMSMITTY

Schedule is looking something like this.. Saturday, around 11:00 a.m. - Poker Run and Rally, 5:00 - Potluck. Campfire and Cornhole Tournament after dinner. At some point want to do a group photo shoot. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dukeman

Bumping this, is there anyone that is going down to the rally from Albuquerque? My plans have changed and I don't think I'm going to make it. Can I give some flyers to someone to hand out to see if we can get some participation in the December Holiday Light event? Let me know. Thanks

Rick

bbuck7777

We just took ours down to the Butte this last weekend as we can not make the last weekend. Wish I could show up. Maybe next time. Truck did amazing in sand!:D

NMSMITTY

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Elephant Butte Lake, Rattlesnake Island, Out on the End of Ridge Road!
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. -- Meet and Greet! Pictures!
1:00 -- Meet at Rattlesnake Island for Poker Run
*** Bring your truck and your crew, this will be fun! ***
(The poker run will only include stops within the lake area from Dirt Dam to no further north than Monticello)
5:00 p.m. --- Sharp --- Potluck Dinner, Poker Hand Opening, Campfire, Awards (we scrounged up some goodies).
This should be a LOT of fun!
FYI. the poker run is for fun an is a 20$ donation per truck , for the VFW you win half of what we get in an Cummins Rocky Mountain of Albq is donating some real nice ball caps an a coat from them to the winner >Thank you Cummins...

NMSMITTY

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Elephant Butte Lake, Rattlesnake Island, Out on the End of Ridge Road!
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. -- Meet and Greet! Pictures!
1:00 -- Meet at Rattlesnake Island for Poker Run
*** Bring your truck and your crew, this will be fun! ***
(The poker run will only include stops within the lake area from Dirt Dam to no further north than Monticello)
5:00 p.m. --- Sharp --- Potluck Dinner, Poker Hand Opening, Campfire, Awards (we scrounged up some goodies).
This should be a LOT of fun!
FYI. the poker run is for fun an is a 20$ donation per truck , for the VFW you win half of what we get in an Cummins Rocky Mountain of Albq is donating some real nice ball caps an a coat from them to the winner >Thank you Cummins...

NMSMITTY

Time is short. The guys have put a lot of effort for some great prizes and to raise money for a great cause in our local area, and doing it where we all enjoy playing in! This Saturday be there it is going to be a great time!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks