• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade complete

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody uploaded a pic yet? I pulled up pics when I clicked "manage attachments" that I didn't even know I had on my computer. I finally figured it out but it sure is different.

Like others, I don't handle change well but I'll get used to it and try not to complain.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also just placed a classified add and noticed I left some info out. When I tried to edit I get "database error".

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks so much for all the hard work. I am in the IT business and I know just what a big project you had to do, and how hard you worked for no pay. Sounds like my job sometimes :beer:

I love the new colors and am sure I will get used to the new way things work. It is so much easier to read. I didn't complain about the colors on the old site as I am not a complainer. But I really like the new look.

It took me a while to get used to the new GL site, but now I like it better than the old one.

Don't pay any attention to the grumps! Some people just have a hard time with change, but they will get over it.

goodguyzy

Trying to get into the PNW info thread, wont come up on search and when I click on the email link its says "not found"
PS thanks for the hard work, like some of the new mods but agree with a lot of other members the old color is better
UPDATE: found the PNW thread, I guess its just the URL from the old emails that dont work.

Last edited:

o1951

I like the new colors. White on gray much easier to read.
Suggestions - First page is crowded. Would it be possible to move the gray steel soldiers header closer to the Eastern Surplus ad, and eliminate some of the blank space?
Can you slenderize the big yellow rectangle - thinking of making a political post...

phil2968

I notice the ads are now on top of each other instead of side by side. Why?
What does the "latest thread activity" pane do for us? Seems redundant and is always way behind time by hours.
I miss the "who's on" pane.:-(

MT4222

Dear Patracy,

I appreciate all of your hard work in upgrading the forum. i know that sometimes a little bit of change is good, but i find all of these changes overwhelming. I am not to fond of the new layout. by this i mean it just doesen't feel like Steel Soldiers anymore. I liked the old square grid layout and the goldish, dark green color combination. i find It very difficult to read on this forum now with the new colors. They don't have enough contrast. I used to be on this forum everyday and i enjoyed learning all kinds of usefull things on here. But for now i wont be on here very much because i don't like the new up(down)grades. I mean no disrespect I just wanted to voice how I feel.

Sincerely,
Max

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew,
When you read this post, go and turn the computer OFF AGAIN, kiss your wife, hug your kids, and go back to sleep for at least 12 more hours. Steel Soldiers will wait while you reconnect with your family and your REAL job.
From where I am sitting, you have done 1000% more then Mangus ever did. So, take a breath, work on a truck, whatever, SS will still be here after you relax.........:cookoo:

WarrenD

I'm finding the new layout to be much more time-consuming for the type of browsing I do. The older "activity" page was much easier to scan for threads I found interesting. The new layout requires actual reading as opposed to a quick scan and after clicking on show more at the bottom, if you find an interesting thread, open it and use back button, you have to start all over with show more. If you are several show more pages in, it gets real old real fast to have to open several pages just to get back to where you were. I'm on other forums with this "feature" and I find myself losing interest as I only have a limited amount of time and end up missing lots of info buried off the first page or two.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Trying to get into the PNW info thread, wont come up on search and when I click on the email link its says "not found"
PS thanks for the hard work, like some of the new mods but agree with a lot of other members the old color is better
UPDATE: found the PNW thread, I guess its just the URL from the old emails that dont work.
We had to re-index the database, 3 character searches weren't working. Now they are.

I like the new colors. White on gray much easier to read.
Suggestions - First page is crowded. Would it be possible to move the gray steel soldiers header closer to the Eastern Surplus ad, and eliminate some of the blank space?
Can you slenderize the big yellow rectangle - thinking of making a political post...
Header adjusted. And no, the yellow rectangle is there to stay. Apparently people still don't understand what no political posts mean.

I notice the ads are now on top of each other instead of side by side. Why?
What does the "latest thread activity" pane do for us? Seems redundant and is always way behind time by hours.
I miss the "who's on" pane.:-(
It's just to give a snapshot of what users are doing. Personally I've always used new threads instead. Who's on is still here, scroll down on the left of the main page to the user list.

I'm finding the new layout to be much more time-consuming for the type of browsing I do. The older "activity" page was much easier to scan for threads I found interesting. The new layout requires actual reading as opposed to a quick scan and after clicking on show more at the bottom, if you find an interesting thread, open it and use back button, you have to start all over with show more. If you are several show more pages in, it gets real old real fast to have to open several pages just to get back to where you were. I'm on other forums with this "feature" and I find myself losing interest as I only have a limited amount of time and end up missing lots of info buried off the first page or two.
Try the new threads button instead. Gives you the most recent threads that have been posted/replied to.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patracy please check the url link below the political warning in the yellow box:

Read my latest post about site politics HERE

The url is invalid.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... And no, the yellow rectangle is there to stay. Apparently people still don't understand what no political posts mean....
Funny. When I clicked the "read my latest post"link, it gave me a 404 error. Probably just a link disconnected. I agree totally with the statement itself although I would have loved to discuss politics with some members here.

That said, the whole header stuff does take take a lot of space up.

Edit: saw that while typing Swiss noticed the missing URL and had it up quicker.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks