• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade complete

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thread title color and background color don't contrast enough and make it hard to read the title. Same for some of the buttons. Maybe it is related to the contrast issue mentioned above?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not feeling it with the new site format. Sorry, some like it and some don't. I'm the latter. I'm okay with the new setup, and the new colors, the fact that a lot of things are slightly changed, that's all good. But the new format on the front page with every single updated post from all users, rather than the list of threads that have had recent updates, is going to drive me bonkers. Well, more bonkers than usual. If the old site ain't coming back, there ain't nothing we can do about that. But is there a way to change the format of the new upgrades to show only the active threads, as I mentioned? I fear it's going to be very taxing for a lot of people to go through the list of every single reply to a thread from every member, just to hit the threads we want to see.

Thanks for the hard work, patracy, regardless.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not feeling it ether, just like ebay when they make this many changes. Where is the member list that shows who is loged on? Where are the random pics? The color strains my eyes. Too much change, fumbling around. I used to be on the SS site 2 hours every night, not anymore, do feel welcome here anymore.

Last edited:

bbftx

But is there a way to change the format of the new upgrades to show only the active threads, as I mentioned? I fear it's going to be very taxing for a lot of people to go through the list of every single reply to a thread from every member, just to hit the threads we want to see.

I also really like the view that shows active threads, rather than every post. I think you get that view if you click on "New Posts" towards the upper left of the page. It's in the third row of text, below the "Steel Soldiers" headline at the very top, and under "What's New" in the second line. The "New Posts" page looks a lot like the old landing page.

I do think the colors need to be tweaked. I liked the old background that had more green in it and made the orange text stand out more.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! When you do an upgrade, you really do an upgrade. No problems yet, but I did go and clean out all my cookies. So far so good.......... :mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not feeling it with the new site format. Sorry, some like it and some don't. I'm the latter. I'm okay with the new setup, and the new colors, the fact that a lot of things are slightly changed, that's all good. But the new format on the front page with every single updated post from all users, rather than the list of threads that have had recent updates, is going to drive me bonkers. Well, more bonkers than usual. If the old site ain't coming back, there ain't nothing we can do about that. But is there a way to change the format of the new upgrades to show only the active threads, as I mentioned? I fear it's going to be very taxing for a lot of people to go through the list of every single reply to a thread from every member, just to hit the threads we want to see.

There are a few references to this in earlier posts in this thread. Andrew made it quite clear that the "Recent Post" function on the old site was and add on and it WILL NOT return. I have a feeling it has more to do with speed and stability of the site more than Andrew being obstinant. Along the left side of th screen is a new post column. While not exactly what we are used to, I think it will suffice once folks have a handle on its function.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on change either but there are reasons beyond what us commoners understand that requires these upgrades. Folks, we just need to adapt and overcome.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How can I save my thread reply settings? I have to select Garamond and the size each time I post. Can I do it in my control panel?

salt6

I second the return of Tapatalk. I acess the forum alot from my phone and it is not very uset friendly.

Also try saving the new post page as your start page in your browser.

Seams to work as as a start page. Nope this trick doesn't work.

Also the contrast in the posts is good for me

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is going to sound dumb, how do I find the classifieds, in the old format, there was a button, along with other bottons on top of each page, is there a quick button on the page some where, sure would be eaiser to jump oerto the classifieds, I am the classified mod, I sure would like to know how to get to the classifieds

thanks

Srjeeper

Like others here I'm a bit 'long in the tooth' and changes don't go down easy. I really liked the last format the best, but it is what it is now.....me I'll probably check in from time to time.....but I believe ya don't go tryin to fix something that's not broke, but apparently that's not the case here..2cents..

Later!!

eagle4g63

Don't mind upgrades at all but I am having trouble figuring this whole thing out!!! I really hate to think that if this is like other sites I have been on that made it too hard for me, than I won't be spending as much time on it.

Absolutely HATE the what's new button............that is way too annoying..........and I hope the Face book stuff won't have to be used at all.........I will NOT get on here if it does, I want NOTHING to do with that site. And don't even want any part of it on my computer system.

Flyingvan911

Thanks for the hard work, patracy. I prefered the old format too but if it is gone forever then there's no use crying over spilled anhydrous amonia. Ha, ha.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
can I change the color of the of the back ground from my user control panel.

3dAngus

I imagine the most value in the new upgrade is the tools and security afforded the team maintaining the site, and I'm personally, all in favor of tools, even if I don't have access to them.

I would recommend a couple days off then admin starting a new thread called,
improvements requests, to satisfy some of the changes that NEED be addressed. I tried to post this first thing this morning and could not post using my Kindle Fire. That would be one change request to identify and fix, if possible. Another I was going to recommend was already done since, by Ron where the classifieds deserves it's own top pull down menu. It is rather cumbersome to get to classified now, and the premium members deserve better. Tools and parts are on an even keel with forum discussion for some of us.

It's early yet. Can't do it all at once. We appreciate all the hard work. In two months, no one will notice the difference at all. Just a third arm by then, and second nature.

Thanks for all the hardwork on the upgrades Andrew and anyone else involved. From a fellow IT guy change isn't easy and there will be a learning curve.

My only request is I would like to get Tapatalk working again if we can, it's a great app. I can relearn the other things that changed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks