• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 mods

baseballump

Those side covers almost offer as much protection as the open hatch on a V100. Something we found out in Nam is you realy didn't want to be in there when with the turret hatch closed when you were firing the m-73. And, when you were firing an out side weapon you hoped the other guys missed. A flake vest and steel pot didn't stop much.

wgtactical

We had Miracole as Silver Sable show up yesterday with a few other characters for a photo shoot with the V100 and the H1...I think you can almost see the vehicle smiling in this picture :twisted:
DSC02868rs.jpg

wgtactical

Here's the latest alteration. The stock riser was a bit too tall for our application so we modified it by shortening it about 2-3/4" The stock length and modified length are pictured together. The stock is powder coated and the modified one was finished in Cerakote.

IMG_20131231_161643647.jpgIMG_20131231_162843907.jpgIMG_20131231_163421534.jpg

Milspec33

Great thread! Awesome work. I was first drawn to MVs in my teens because form followed function, and I love vehicles that can adapt. I love mods as much as I love full on restos. Thanks for the pics. I might have to head down to GA

TacticalTruck

We've been able to reverse engineer the entire case and are considering building our own at some point but our gearcase will be fully machined and we'll probably have a couple different ratio options to choose from as well.
We built a rear engine M35A3 for a defense contractor and used a SCS gear box. http://www.scsgearbox.com/4x4-transfer-cases.html I thought these could be possible replacement V cases.

Attachments

TacticalTruck

Don't want to hijack a thread but yes, original engine and trans. I'm not sure what you mean about clocked backwards. The reason I brought it up was because it ends up similar to the V's drive line and, possibly, the t-case we used could be used as a replacement in the V.

Last edited:

Kawgomoo

Banned
You guys do nice work! As an offroad welder/fabricator rarely do i hand out compliments...except when they are truly deserved.

The welds on your fuel filler door are what really got me paying attention to this thread. Soooo many builds on the internet are just flat out garbage. This is beautiful work!

You hiring? ;)

wgtactical

You guys do nice work! As an offroad welder/fabricator rarely do i hand out compliments...except when they are truly deserved.

The welds on your fuel filler door are what really got me paying attention to this thread. Soooo many builds on the internet are just flat out garbage. This is beautiful work!

You hiring? ;)
Thank you very much, I sincerely appreciate your kind words! I will advise when we are hiring as I think we would get along great:naner:

Here's the transfer case installed.

DSC03003.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks