• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VETERANS DAY 2011 - Post HERE!

Stan Leschert

Thanks, I've been bit busy to start the thread, but you've got it!
The Royal Canadian Legion in North Vancouver will be hosting the Rememberance Day activities,nad when I get a chance, I'll post an after action report.

I still have a few more preperations to finalize, and hopefully I can be support troop,
and let my spot in the Honor Guard be filled by Soldier "B" this year.

So many things to get done, and extra time is not on the scale of issue.

Here is what we are remembering.
Take a second and watch it. Many things will become clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCVlM1CSPU

Another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ittnwTWFpCM&feature=fvwrel

On November 11, Please take a minute, to pause and Remember.

If you are with friends of like mind, here is our traditional toast:

"To Absent Friends, and Present Friends...

We know you .... And ...

WE WILL REMEMBER YOU"

Lt. Leschert.
CF Retired.

Last edited:

reloader64

The school displays (Lone Star MVPA) are always fun. The kids like it, and you get some interesting questions. The actual Veteran's Day parade is Friday, 11-11-11. It is the highlight of our club's year. We (and many other clubs and displays) parade right up Congress Avenue to the state capitol. With Austin being as liberal as it is, we still have a very good spectator turnout.

Scott

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I've been bit busy to start the thread, but you've got it!
The Royal Canadian Legion in North Vancouver will be hosting the Rememberance Day activities,nad when I get a chance, I'll post an after action report.

I still have a few more preperations to finalize, and hopefully I can be support troop,
and let my spot in the Honor Guard be filled by Soldier "B" this year.

So many things to get done, and extra time is not on the scale of issue.

Here is what we are remembering.
Take a second and watch it. Many things will become clear.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCVlM1CSPU[/media]

Another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ittnwTWFpCM&feature=fvwrel

On November 11, Please take a minute, to pause and Remember.

If you are with friends of like mind, here is our traditional toast:

"To Absent Friends, and Present Friends...

We know you .... And ...

WE WILL REMEMBER YOU"

Lt. Leschert.
CF Retired.
Thank you, Stan!
Awesome videos.
[thumbzup]

:driver:

196thprober

Well from all the VETERANS DAY posts popping up, I guess I am one of the few to add to your tread. This one was in Ottawa Kansas yesterday. They also have a Civil war and WWII reenactment with living military history. Vietnam Vets serves a free lunch for all in the parade or display. Got 2 more coming up on the 11th, Olathe and Leavenworth Ks. 2 of my buddies jeeps craped out so I towed them both behind the CUCV , the 1st is a WWII MBT with the rare GI tandem mount the 2nd is a 52 M100. The towed piece is made out of a M105 axle and junk GBOOTH had laying around his shop, it is the best dummy I have ever seen!

\Those pictures are AWESOME; great group of iron!

TheRecorder

For Veterans Day

I know this is at an Air Show, But..............

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8COBqGqPY&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

The Norman parade had a great turn out! We all had a blast! And my boys fell asleep in the Deuce on the way back to the house :p It was great to get to put some faces to some names!
Also want to give Warthog a big thanks for getting all this together!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who partake of Applebee's offer of a free did you feel funny doing it? I went a little after lunch time today and have never seen so many vets. They don't ask you to prove it and I saw couples in there and only one got the free entree, mainly because they told them only one was a veteran.

I had two vets sit next to me as I was leaving and I explained it to them and had the waitress give them menus.

I don't know of any of the guys in there were WWII vets but I'll bet there were a bunch of Korean War ones (or police action for the politically correct types).

I know they are doing something nice but I felt weird taking a meal I didn't pay for. Funny, I love free stuff but not where it highlights my time in the service.

The Key Lime Chicken was pretty good. :)

Katahdin

I didn't participate in any parades today because I don't have it off and recently rearranged my vacation time so I could help my brother move to Ft. Sill next month. But....I did bring my coworker and vet friend Dave to Texas Roadhouse for his free Veterans lunch. I gotta tell you that place was packed, and the expression on the faces of Vietnam Vets as you pull into the parking lot with a newly painted 1966 Deuce-And-Half will never get old. :)

Truckoholic

Didn't get to participate in any parades today because I was too busy hauling logs, but a friend had his Ferret parked out in front of his business. So after work
I had to go get a part from his business, so I decided to drive my M813A1 in and park it there too for a while. Then I drove it home and parked it by the road in our meadow for people to see as they drive by.

veteransday.jpg

veteransday2.jpg

veteransday1.jpg

SteveKuhn

Belleville NJ, November 7th

I was invited to the truck's 1st parade. Had a great time. 14 vehicles including a Howitzer. When I bought the boarding ladder, I thought I'd blown the money on a frivolous frill. Scouts proved me wrong!

Attachments

SteveKuhn

Maywood, NJ 11/11/11, 11 a.m.

When work interfered with joining the group going to NYC, I ended up squeezing in a little time to give a ride to the local American Legion post this morning. Nice, small town ceremony. About 10 guys braved the cold wind for the 10 min. ride to the WWII Memorial in the troop seats. My friend had his camera so I'm hoping for some more good snapshots.

Please, don't razz me about the bridge plate. I'm still cleaning up the right numbers but I figured something was better than plain. Who'll know besides this group?

Attachments

jamieboy

Just got back from our local Veteran's Day Activities and parade here in Wilmore, Ky. We have a 350 patient Vet center
here in town (Thompson Hood Vet Center). Started with a parade at 10 am from downtown and ended at the Center
for a program. All the Vet's that could make it, came outside and joined in the ceremony. One of the Vets was able to lead us in the pledge of allegiance. Only 2 MV's in the parade, a humvee and my m-893. Added a couple of photos, hope they turn out.
God Bless America!!

Attachments

Did the local Veterans Day Parade yesterday with my VFW Post. There AF even did a flyover with a B-1B at 11:11.
There weren't many MVs But the local MVPA brought a few.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks