• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Parade Columbus GA.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, at least I can test out my UPS package car skills getting the injured personal to the hospital in the M37. I have always wanted to do the sharp turn in an ambalance as shown on the leadin to M.A.S.H.......
I'm afraid that M43B1 Ambulance is going to get called back to active duty if the military budget keeps getting cut.:jumpin:

sandcobra164

Happy with my assignment of "Wrecker Operator". That's what I do in the National Guard!!! I've never had an M816 but I have served on an M936A2 and the retrieval system is basically the same and the crane is exactly the same. Should be fun and I'll be there Saturday and will be arriving with Atomic and Godawgsdv8 at 0700 as instructed. Probably a few minutes early but it's hard to let that whole 10 to 15 minutes prior instruction fall by the wayside.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Happy with my assignment of "Wrecker Operator". That's what I do in the National Guard!!! I've never had an M816 but I have served on an M936A2 and the retrieval system is basically the same and the crane is exactly the same. Should be fun and I'll be there Saturday and will be arriving with Atomic and Godawgsdv8 at 0700 as instructed. Probably a few minutes early but it's hard to let that whole 10 to 15 minutes prior instruction fall by the wayside.
Thanks Bro, I figure we need a good troop bringing up the rear that knows what he's doing and has the vehicle to do it with in case something goes NMC on the parade route.
You'll have a couple of chains and "J hooks" so ya can just snag onto the NMC vehicle and evacuate it back to the compound(If required).

Looking forward to seeing the South GA CAMO Detachment again!!

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I'm being silly but "what's NMC"? I think everything will be just fine and I won't likely get to tow anything. To keep my own card from being pulled, NMC means Non Mission Capable. I can bring a Hunter Medium but I only have 1 inch feet. I had some 3/4 inch feet but I gave them back to 3DAngus since my M1028 somehow has 1 inch towing points. Oh I'm still being silly, you've got rollbacks and pretty much anything else that could get anything Class 8 or below to a safe place. I can't wait for Saturday and I can't wait to drive the M816. Can't wait for lunch either as ya'll normally throw down pretty good. I won't eat or drink much this go around as I have a Pig Roast to go to Saturday evening and I love a good Pit Roasted Pig. See ya there PB. I talked to Wreckerman and he may show up as well. Call him and tell him to "get ready"!!!

zout

I'm afraid that M43B1 Ambulance is going to get called back to active duty if the military budget keeps getting cut

I actually got it to torture folks and hang them by their fingernails in there - DO NOT open them bins - they have valuable special tools in there. The bunks in there - look at the walls and feet area - you can hook someone in there and
stretch them to make them talk - beats water boarding cause they will not let you do that anymore.

The electrical short you thought was happening was the metal screen under the beds to electrical shock someone to talk - just slip the rubber boots over them open wires please.

Save my Surgical gown in there as well - it has many memories to it hearing to listening to folks squeeling like banchies giving up secrets.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like we have 20 drivers now if everyone shows up that said they would. Just in case though, if you have any friends that wanna tag along they are certainly welcome and may just be needed. If not they can be "troops" in some of the trucks.;-)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just hooked up the M105 and loaded up the shore power cable for PB. Checked the t-case oil (I've got a leaky seal) and I'm G-T-G.

zout

We'll be pullin out of here between 4 and 4:30 am Sat morning - we usually stop at the exit before you get on Southbound CAMO hwy - you have my cell right - just in case some of us can hook up going down

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We'll be pullin out of here between 4 and 4:30 am Sat morning - we usually stop at the exit before you get on Southbound CAMO hwy - you have my cell right - just in case some of us can hook up going down
I'll be taking back roads down. But I will be hopping on 185 south of LaGrange. What time do you plan on hitting that area?

zout

I was just pullin up waffle house for down there on their maps on GOOGLE - learned today I can search for stuff on their without asking first - pretty cool.

AHHH try to be in their compound busting down the fence just a tad before 7 or right on - they are always late anyhow waiting for PB

mdmorganwife

You evil evil man. You know full well that I've been eyeballing M37's since the rally.
PT - don't let PB's happy face give you the illusion he is not up to something synister and concoting up some evil plan for you to take it home.
Patracy, that particular M-37 has a glorious history. It was assigned to Robert E. Lee during the Civil War.:whistle:
Patracy, that is my M37, I've had dibs on it for years!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I didn't mean that I wanted to buy anything. I'm just saying that PB put me in a M37 on purpose since he knows I've been thinking about them.
He's evil I tell ya...
Well, the M37 ain't for sale anyway. It's in my will that Mahala will get the M37 when I pop smoke to the hereafter!:D

Man... I'm really getting antsy to see all you good folks again!!:jumpin:

Oh I forgot...We will have fresh coffee/OJ and donuts around 07:00hrs for those who don't get a chance to eat breakfast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks