• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Parade Columbus GA.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4AM? Ferro and I have to hit the road at 0300 to make the Camo compound by 0700.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm still wondering how to get in PB's Will? I've had some great memories hanging out with the CAMO Crew over there in Columbus. I've probably damaged more stuff than I've helped. Ask PB about the 2011 Rally trip from Columbus to Union Point and he would likely tell you that it was the worst trip he took. I had a hood fly back into the windshield due to my lack of due diligence when I did my walk around. I'm probably the last person that would get a truck but I'll drive one tomorrow and I'll check the hood latches on the M816 and I can't wait. They even let me announce my local parade entry as CAMO, Leesburg Detachment!!!
You are an exceptionally good troop Sir!.
I'll admit I was a little "miffed" when the hood flew up on Proud American, but then again I get bent out of shape when ANYTHING happens to Proud.
Like when you knocked the fence down behind that gas station and put the white mark on her, which is still there. LOL

Calvin Bennett (one of the builders the orginal of Proud) signed off on the "bumps and scrapes" as battle damage, and so it is.

Joe you are a Veteran and we are very proud to have you as a member of CAMO.

It is not beyond belief that you may end up being the owner of Proud American as the rest of us are getting....er...well...not as young as you...and there needs to be folks to carry on the story in the many Veterans Parades and displays etc. in the future.

sandcobra164

If I wind up with "Proud American", it'll have to go into one of my dehumidified warehouse's until I can build one in my yard. Dehumidified Storage is why I have a 1985 Chevy on factory tires that still hold air in my 6,259 mile M1028 CUCV. Proud wouldn't sit in my front yard as she's too pretty. She'd go to the MCLB. That truck would outlive me. It's a perfect example of a Gun Truck and built of the best that they would have had in Vietnam. An M54A1 with a Mack engine. I would keep the truck as is as well, that white stripe on the passenger side of the bumper and all that I put on it behind that gas station. I should say that I caused more of a mess than you saw because if you would have looked out behind that store, you would have saw the whole fence knocked down by that one "bump". I know that I'm young at 31, I'm not too worried about the truck, I would love the opportunity to take care of the truck and it'd come out of it's "Cave" every Veterans Day Parade and every GA Rally. If I am considered to be a recipient of that truck, check with Mr. Tony first! I know he's getting up in age as well but you notice, he's driving it tomorrow!!! I don't want to get "in between" anything. I can show you the dehumidified spaces I'm talking about though and I've got some property in those warehouses. Back to the white paint scrapes on the front bumper, I talked with Mr. Calvin himself, showed him the damage, told him the story and he said that "they were fine, combat damage" if you will! I ground a fingernail down trying to get that paint off when it happend.

sandcobra164

I forgot to include that it'll still get driven at least once a month. These old trucks don't like to sit!!! When I say driven, Brandon told me about the Mack ENDT 673. It'd want to run to the house once a month and burn about 4 or 6 gallons of Diesel and that truck would be more than welcome to do so. It's got such a history.

Last edited:

zout

Up and ready to fire up the big dog to put some HEAT to it - its frosty out over here - be rollin out about a tad after 4 - close enough

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't even think the vampires are awake anymore. Swiss up and getting ready to move.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay hour wait at staging area, we are firing up again getting ready. Lots of veterans with our group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks