• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Parade Columbus GA.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew- The chips did not make east of Greensboro.

I would like to thank PB and Camo for the chance to drive in the parade. I almost went to be in the Aiken parade today, but the M37 is still in the bed, and it looks a little ratty.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 461758

What were you two laughing so hard about,...??
We were laughing about all the people in the world with eye sight that miss out on the other senses such as touch, hearing and smell because they don’t allow themselves to experience the whole experience. It was a privilege to spend some time with Jacob and Lisa, two of our blind veterans that joined us during the parade. Spending time with both of them opened my eyes to many things that I am blind to see as I rush around every day.

Thank you all who helped that day to make their lives a bit more comfortable.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many of you may know I am heavily involved in a large Boy Scout troop in Gainesville ga, tonight I gave a presentation on Veterans Day to the troop and all the adult leaders. I showed the pictures of the parade as part of the presentation showing the support of the community for our veterans, the participation of the SS in the parade and discussed the sacrifices of the men and women who served.

Thank you all for letting me be a part of a great day on Saturday!

sandcobra164

wish i was there
Sir,
I wish you had been as well. I'm not the greatest caretaker of "Proud American" and I'll be upfront about that. I'm sure you've heard about the white paint on the passenger side of the bumper on the lower edge. I'm sure you've heard about the hood flying back after the generator change and Mechanic A and B told me that the truck was good to go. I remember that too. There is a dime size spot on the seat missing from my tail sucking the seat when that hood flew up. I couldn't see a thing till I got stopped. I'm OK as Mr. Bennett surveyed the damage that I had caused to that truck. He wrote them off as "Battle Scar's" and gave me a hug. Well guess what gets to stay on that truck. When I hit the fence with it, I basically ground a thumbnail down trying to get the white paint off. I even asked Troy to paint over that but he's wise beyond his years. I'd Love to take you in a Parade in Proud, I'll have to fight Tony but you're Welcome anytime. It was a good get together and we'll put you at the front of the food line. I don't think PB would argue.

sandcobra164

And yes, Tony can certainly tell the story, I wasn't even thought about when ya'll built the original "Proud" but I know her story. PB has told it to me and I'll share it until my last breath. That truck has a history!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks