• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well,now I own a 915A1

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They replace everything rubber or worn in the pump, all the rubber parts are over 30 years old, about $400. Main part that ruptures is the diaphram that senses boost pressure.

AMGeneral

NDT is correct, Tax and all it was $402,and that included a new 24v shutdown solenoid.

Makes a HUGE diference,cranks right away,no bog on take off, I get a small amount of black smoke on acceleration,it does idle hunt a bit when cold,but that's it.

Truck has PLENTY of power,it will tow a 17,000 lb trailer with ease,but the brakes are touchy.

I now have the 915A1 all legal,
Insurance
Tags(80,000 lbs)
fuel stickers
Fed insp
overwidth permits(for the 172A1)
and Heavy Highway use tax paid

So if you need anything 40,000 lbs or less picked up in NC or SC picked up this winter,PM me and let me know.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now have the 915A1 all legal,
Insurance
Tags(80,000 lbs)
fuel stickers
Fed insp
overwidth permits(for the 172A1)
and Heavy Highway use tax paid

So if you need anything 40,000 lbs or less picked up in NC or SC picked up this winter,PM me and let me know.

And how much prey tell did that all run? did you find a hunk of gold or dimonds in the quarry?

CGarbee

I would get you to get my MICLIC from Cabell but that woudl be overkill....
You just need to let me know when, and I'll have one of my coworkers haul it (the MICLIC) up to you. His Mom still lives just outside of Asheville...and I just sold him a trailer.

Of course, if AMGeneral drove down with 915A1 and the 172A1, he could pick up some engines that I have for him, your MICLIC, and help me to straighten out and respool the cable on my 816's rear winch...

Chief_919

Shoot, if he can bring it this way, I will meet him anytime.

I will have to ask Robert if I can use one of his forklifts to unload it, or we can slide it off one traile onto another.

AMGeneral

And how much prey tell did that all run? did you find a hunk of gold or dimonds in the quarry?
Nope,I paid off the dually,
Tally so far,

$1235 per year for tag
$535 every 3 months for insurance($2140/year)
$550 per year for heavy hwy use tax
$100 per year per state for overwidth permits(NC and SC)

So $4125 so far,plus what I paid for the truck+injection pump rebuild+trailer and 3 new tires so far(1 for the truck,2 for the trailer).

Probably a lot more invested in it than I would get selling it anytime soon.

But I have a dependable MV that will haul 40K plus and will safely run 60 mph in relative comfort compared to a tactical MV.That's gotta count for something.

Last edited: