• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What could we feed our trucks when in a life/death situation?

Maverick1701

Lets say you are trying to escape the city after the zombie apocylapse has begun.
On the way out of town you run out of diesel/bio or the fuel of your choice...
What could you feed your truck to get you out of the city?

BTW I dont mean ATF, used motor oil, and the usual answers... I mean off the wall stuff like mineral oil out of a power pole transformer and "fuels" along those lines

lets see yalls good ol' American ingenuity strut its stuff

Last edited:

dc3coyote

jack danials :-D
For me or the truck??? Well theres always the huge stores of fuel at airports...both new and their waste work quite well in the tanks.
Restraunt supply stores will have VO/wVO
I would be tempted to try commercial grade alchohol, mixed with motor oil.

Citronella oil...not only a decent fuel oil, but mosquito repellent as well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try reading the threads in the Alternative Fuels Forum.

Do a search, this same topic has been discussed before. I just got 37 results for a search for "mineral oil".

Also, if your really worried about the end of the world, get right with God.(you won't need alternative fuels or MVs.)

Last edited:

zout

additive

MOONSHINE - here is a bit for you - and here is a gulp for me add a lttle Outlaw racing fuel 116 and you swear you will see flames out the stack.:roll:

For me or the truck??? Well theres always the huge stores of fuel at airports...both new and their waste work quite well in the tanks.
Restraunt supply stores will have VO/wVO
I would be tempted to try commercial grade alchohol, mixed with motor oil.

Citronella oil...not only a decent fuel oil, but mosquito repellent as well.
Just dont use High octane unleaded or ultra low leaded which most small planes run off of.

Maverick1701

Try reading the threads in the Alternative Fuels Forum.

Do a search, this same topic has been discussed before. I just got 37 results for a search for "mineral oil".

Also, if your really worried about the end of the world, get right with God.(you won't need alternative fuels or MVs.)

I tried looking around on the alt fuels forums but I could only find the usual answers (used motor oil, ATF, airport fuels, yada yada yada)
Nothing that really quenched my thirst for knowledge

also I'm not worried about the end of the world I just thought it would be insteresting to see what our minds could come up with for interesting fuels...thinking outside the box FTW

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading so many of these "Zombie Apocalypse threads" I am pretty sure the deuce owners will run on Hysteria, for days!:razz: Keep your tank full (before the SHTF)and your good for 300+ miles to get out of town. Somewhere in that 300 miles, you will find fuel, food, love, shelter and possibly a new outlook on life.

scrapman

Absolute emergency, if it will drain/strain through a double sweat sock and light and hold a flame it will get you moving for a period of time.

Maverick1701

After reading so many of these "Zombie Apocalypse threads" I am pretty sure the deuce owners will run on Hysteria, for days!:razz: Keep your tank full (before the SHTF)and your good for 300+ miles to get out of town. Somewhere in that 300 miles, you will find fuel, food, love, shelter and possibly a new outlook on life.

LMAO i didnt search for zombie apoc. threads... only alt fuels

I fail at not reading before posting :(

on that same note I saw a t-shirt today that said "the hardest part about the zombie apocalypse is pretending I am not excited"

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"the hardest part about the zombie apocalypse is pretending i am not excited"
lmao :doh:

mangus580

Yanno, toss the zombies aside, this thread COULD be useful for people in the hurricane belt, or other major natural disaster centers.

Doghead raises a good point of keeping your tank full.... Although its both helpful and detrimental. It will help keep condensation out of the tank, and will help you when you might need that fuel stash.... But just think DH... how much $$ you would have tied up in fuel keeping all your trucks full??? Also, you need to be sure you keep your fuel treated if you dont drive regularly.

Which reminds me... I better do something with the tankful of bio on the deuce here soon.... otherwise winter could get interesting!